Texas Registered Agent
You get an instant online account. We:
- Locally scan all docs in real time
- Give you the forms to file
- Tips to get your filing done fast
- TX company management system
- Access to our Corporate Guides™
CHEAPER SITES EXIST
Kind of, but we:
- Include TX Franchise Tax reminders
- Don’t raise the price once we get you
- Will actually be your registered agent
- Aren’t a suite number in a virtual office
Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Austin, TX 78701
Texas Registered Agent Service
Info your registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic Texas corporations have one of the highest fees in the country of $300. So as far as Texas fees to run a business go, yes, it’s bigger in Texas.
- Domestic Texas LLCs require a registered agent in Texas and cost $300.
- Registering an out of state business entity in Texas will cost $775. Basically one of the highest fees in the US. The good news is that Texas has no personal income tax.
Texas has no personal income tax. Most states that have no personal income tax charge a gross receipts business tax, because otherwise, corporations and LLCs in Texas that claim S-Corp status would basically be able to operate tax free. Let’s face it. The TX government is going to need some income, so it’s going to have to come from somewhere. In Texas, the government has decided to make it come from businesses and not individuals (unless you own real estate!). The gross Franchise Tax receipt tax is 1% of all income you have in Texas, regardless of if you made any money at the end of the year or not. There is a huge exemption for small business though. Thank you oil companies for paying most of our taxes!!
What is a Texas registered agent?
A Texas registered agent is required for Texas corporations and Texas LLCs registered with the Secretary of State. The registered agent is the designated contact in Texas for service of process and official notices. When we are your Texas registered agent, we scan and upload all documents received at our office in Austin. For more information about how we do things, check out our registered agent infographic.
How do I change my Texas registered agent?
It costs $15 to change your registered agent in Texas. If you would like to switch to Northwest Registered Agent, we would be happy to prepare the filing for you and file on your behalf.
How do I search for a Texas registered agent?
- You can do a Texas business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the TX registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their Texas registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
If you’re going to file in Texas you should know a couple of these things:
Filings take about 3-5 days to get completed. You can fax file anything with a credit card, or you can file online. Your registered agent does not need to sign your filing. If you’re qualifying an out of state entity, you need a 90 day or less old certificate of good standing from your home state of incorporation. This does not have to be an original certificate.
There are obviously a lot of registered agents in Texas, because there are just a lot of people in Texas. All we do is registered agent service. Acting as your TX registered agent is not a side line income for us. It IS our income. We take this responsibility very seriously. As your registered agent we strive everyday to provide you tools to help you run your business and build a real value to our registered agent service.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
Sure, you could hire the cheapest registered agent out there. But the cheapest option probably doesn’t provide any additional support. And they will probably charge you additional forwarding fees or upgrade fees. When you hire Northwest Registered Agent Service, you know exactly what you are getting:
- We can help you with your business filing. Most people are not familiar with Texas corporate filings. But we are. It is what we do. So let us help! As part of our registered agent service, we provide all the Texas forms and instructions you need in your online account, immediately after signup.
- Just call us! If you still need help filing in Texas, give us a call. We don’t have any salespeople, so when you call us, we are only here to help. We have a ton of experience and would be happy to walk you through the process.
- This is only the beginning. You will have ongoing requirements to keep your Texas business in good standing. For example, each year, you have to file the Texas Franchise Tax with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. There are lots of penalties and fees if your Franchise Tax is past due, so you don’t want to forget to file! We always send reminders based on the May 15 Texas Franchise Tax due date. Our sophisticated business compliance reminder system does the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you not only with a reminder, but the forms to file populated with your info on them. This is all included with our Texas registered agent service!
- Free tools. We give you everything you need to register and maintain your Texas business entity. To make things even easier, you can enter your corporate data once, and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states. We are not the kind of business that just does the minimum you need to get by. We are always improving our system and looking for new ways to help.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t keep your credit card info or sell your data. Your personal details are safe with us.
- This is serious! Choose a registered agent service you trust. Your registered agent in Texas is responsible for notifying you of any service of process or official documents. If your registered agent doesn’t fulfill its duty, you could be facing some serious legal problems. Northwest Registered Agent Service is the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We scan everything right at our office in Austin, Texas as soon as we receive it. Our notification system lets you know when you have service of process or anything else to view. We use a series of emails and phone calls to make sure you actually see the document.
- Privacy. It is not uncommon for the public or a state official to contact the registered agent trying to get details about a business and/or its owners. Our staff is trained to keep your information private. We even have in house data security professionals who regularly test our systems. We know this serious.
- Collections. We never send clients to collections. If you don’t want our service, that is fine. Don’t pay to renew and that’s that. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” It’s our entire company policy.
- We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. We have spent years perfecting our systems so we can provide you the best registered agent service possible. It is all we do and we are good at it!
Registered Agent Texas Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Texas forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Texas.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We’ll send multiple franchise tax report reminders, and you can track Texas due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.