Vermont registered agent, Vermont process agent
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Shelburne, VT 05482
Vermont Registered Agent Service
Info your VT registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic corporations cost $125 to file.
- Foreign corporation Certificate of Authority costs $125.
- Domestic and foreign LLCs cost $125 to file.
- Domestic and foregin LLCs and corporations all require a registered agent in Vermont.
- All filings need to have original inked signatures on them. They will take about 5-7 days to get filed, and there’s no expedite option. There is no fax filing or online filing. You need to mail the filing in. Your registered agent in Vermont does not need to sign the filing.
All corporations and LLCs that are taxed as a partnership, S-corp, or C-corp, have to pay a minimum $200 a year fee to the department of revenue. If you are a single member LLC taxed as a sole proprietor, you can avoid this tax.
Foreign entities wishing to qualify to do business in Vermont need a certificate of good standing from their home state of incorporation dated within 30 days, and it needs to be an original. If you do not know what this is, or don’t want to deal with it, you can hire Northwest Registered Agent to get this for you, or look in our resources menu.
It costs $25 to file a change of agent form for your Vermont registered agent. The Vermont change of registered agent form is in your online account after you sign up with us.
Why do I need a Vermont registered agent?
- All businesses registered with the state must appoint a registered agent.
- The Vermont Secretary of State’s Corporation’s Division will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the state and the general public have a reliable way to contact your Vermont business with legal notices and other types of official mail.
Note: The Vermont Secretary of State sometimes calls registered agents “process agents,” especially in reference to LLCs. Both terms mean the same thing.
What do Vermont registered agents do?
Your Vermont registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
- Vermont registered agents must have a physical address in Vermont.
- Be open during normal business hours.
- Accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you.
What are the requirements for Vermont registered agents?
According to the Vermont state code (11A V.S.A. § 5.01), a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state. No P.O. Boxes.
- A VT registered agent must be a Vermont resident or a business that provides registered agent services.
What is a Vermont registered agent?
- A Vermont resident or company that maintains a physical address in the state and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business.
Who needs a registered agent in Vermont?
Should I hire a registered agent in Vermont before or after I do my filing?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the secretary of state. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
Registered Agent Vermont Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Vermont forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Vermont.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.