Indiana registered agent, Indiana resident agent
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Indiana Registered Agent Service
Why do I need an Indiana registered agent?
- To become a legitimate, registered Indiana business, the state forces you to appoint one. Sorry.
- The Secretary of State will reject your filing if you don’t appoint an Indiana registered agent.
- Basically, so the general public will have a reliable way to send important mail or legal notices to every registered Indiana business.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
Yes, at first this Indiana registered agent service requirement feels like one more annoying expense and bureaucratic racket. We understand, and we’ve used the registered agent requirement as an opportunity to provide you with something that will help you run your business. Here’s how:
- Odds are you’ll struggle with your business filing on your own. It’s not personal, but you probably don’t do this every day, so we provide filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you should file in your online account.
- Just call us! We’ll walk you through the process. We’re here to help. The people who answer the phone do this for a living. We’re not reading from a script and you’ll never get a salesperson.
- This is only the beginning. Each year, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Indiana Business Entity Report (this report is due on the last day of your business’ anniversary month). You can always see upcoming report dates for every state you have with us. We remind you based off of your real corporate data, as the state sees it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you not only with a reminder but the forms to file populated with your info on them. No upsells.
- Free tools. We provide all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, LLP, or any other type of Indiana business. You can enter your corporate data once and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meeting minutes, amendments, and new registrations in additional states. We don’t just send you a bill each year; we provide free online software that helps you maintain your company.
What’s makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. You’ve heard the term, and you should be scared of it. We don’t store your credit card. We don’t sell your data to others to make extra money.
- This is serious! Your Indiana registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. It only takes one screw-up to cause a real problem. We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Indiana registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Indianapolis, Indiana. We don’t just mail you a copy of your notice or email it to you. We have the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Indiana registered agent service to help make sure you and whomever you want to be notified doesn’t just get a notice about something but that you’re actually looking at your documents.
- Privacy. When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. This isn’t a game, and this isn’t a decision to just make on a whim. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they will harass to find out. We have stringent privacy practices to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals. We also stress-test our own systems regularly and we prosecute people who try to hack us.
- Collections. Read the fine print. We pick up new clients switching Indiana registered agents every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, you don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” This isn’t just a policy we made up, it’s our entire company slogan.
- We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. It’s not a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit they can find with an army of salespeople. Not that there’s anything wrong with any of those, but this is our lives. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What do Indiana registered agents do?
- Indiana registered agents need to have physical addresses in Indiana.
- Be open during business hours.
- Accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
- A commercial registered agent in Indiana should provide tools that help you maintain your company.
What are the requirements for Indiana registered agents?
- IN registered agents have to be a residents or a companies that provide registered agent services.
- Have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Indiana.
- Accept legal documents.
What is an Indiana registered agent?
- An Indiana resident or corporation that has a registered office address in Indiana and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a company that has listed it as their IN registered agent.
- Under Indiana State Code IC 23-1-24, Indiana registered agent services must have a physical address—a P.O. Box will not work.
How do I find an Indiana registered agent?
- You can do an Indiana business name search.
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the IN registered agent name and registered office street address.
- If you want to legally notify someone through their Indiana registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How do I change my registered agent service to Northwest?
- You file a change of registered agent form, and we get listed as your Indiana registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change form is available immediately.
It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Indiana registered agent page.
What kind of Indiana registered office will you provide me?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Indianapolis. Here’s a picture of our office:
How will I get my documents from you?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our Indianapolis office. For more info on our document delivery system, we’ve created a registered agent infographic.
Can I use your Indiana registered office address to get my mail?
We don’t want all your mail, that’s not what we do, but we want to try to help if at all possible. The US Postal office might not deliver your mail reliably to us if you don’t have a lease at our address. As the registered agent, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc. care of you. If we do get mail for you though, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
Can I use your Indiana registered office address for everything on my filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
How are Indiana registered agents served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether or not you look at the docs or even get them from the Indiana registered agent services: you were notified. This is a serious responsibility and we don’t take it lightly.
Do I hire an Indiana registered agent service before or after I make the filing?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without an Indiana registered agent service. You find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How does Northwest’s registered agent service work in Indiana?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Indiana registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Indiana Secretary of State.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Indiana registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states. We attempt to make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Indiana registered agent service or paying a bill, but for actually keeping up with Indiana corporate paperwork formalities.
How do I get registered agent service in Indiana?
- Place an order for Indiana registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the Indiana Secretary of State.
- If after looking at our resources, you don’t want to make the filing yourself, you can place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The Indiana Secretary of State will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Indiana registered agent service.
People who need registered agents in Indiana:
Anyone forming an Indiana LLC or incorporate in Indiana.
Registered Agent Indiana Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Indiana forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Indiana.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple business entity report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.