Kansas Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Kansas business forms to file
- Kansas filing tips
- KS company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent Service in Kansas
What is a Kansas registered agent?
A Kansas registered agent is a resident or company that maintains a physical address in the state of Kansas and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business in Kansas.
Kansas businesses appoint registered agents on their formation documents, usually called articles of organization (LLCs) or articles of incorporation (corporations).
Kansas Resident Agent Information
Why do I need a Kansas registered agent?
- All businesses registered with the state must appoint a registered agent.
- The Kansas Secretary of State will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the state government and general public have a reliable way to deliver to your Kansas business legal notices and other types of important mail.
Who needs a registered agent in Kansas?
Anyone forming a Kansas limited liability company or a corporation in Kansas.
What do Kansas registered agents do?
Your registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
- Kansas registered agents must have a physical address in Kansas.
- Be open during normal business hours.
- Accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you.
Kansas registered agent requirements:
According to Kansas state code § 17-6201, a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Kansas. No P.O. Boxes.
- A KS registered agent must be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
How do I find a company’s Kansas registered agent?
If you need to legally notify a business via their Kansas registered agent:
- Look up the company using the Kansas business name search.
- Type in the company name you want to find on the KS Secretary of State website
- Find the registered agent’s name and address
How do I get legal notices or service of process from Northwest Registered Agent?
When we accept service of process or certified mail, we scan the documents into your online account from our office in Wichita, immediately. If you would like to learn more about how this process works, we created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
How do I change my registered agent to Northwest?
- File a Change of Registered Office or Agent form for the Kansas Division of Corporations.
- The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us.
- It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Kansas registered agent page.
Should I hire a registered agent in Kansas before or after I start my business in Kansas?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the secretary of state. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a Kansas registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
How do I get started?
- Place an order for Kansas registered agent service.
- Fill out the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation with the Kansas Secretary of State.
- You can place an order in your online account if you want us to do the filing for you.
- The Kansas Secretary of State will process your filing.
- We’ll officially become your Kansas registered agent service provider.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
Kansas’ registered agent requirement may seem like it’s just one more bureaucratic hoop you have to jump through when you start a business, but we’ve done our best to make this technical requirement a vital service. This is how we make our registered agent service work for you:
- We’ll help you with your business filing. Don’t take it personally, but you’ll likely have a hard time filling out your filing because corporate filings are confusing. But not for us. We do them every day. Once you hire us, you’ll be given instant access to our filing instructions, tips, order sheets and all the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help! We’re more than happy to walk you through whatever aspect of your business filing is giving you trouble. The people who answer the phones do filings for a living. No one will be reading from a script, because we specialize in service, not maximizing our profits.
- We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in the industry. When you start your business in Kansas, it’s only the beginning. You’ll have ongoing reports due to the Kansas Secretary of State every year (reports for for-profit business entities are due on the 15th day of the fourth month after the end of your fiscal year, typically April 15th). You’ll always see upcoming report and maintenance dates in your online account for every state in which your hired us for registered agent service. We’ll remind you based on your business’ corporate data, and if Kansas’ reporting requirements or legislative laws change, we’ll keep you up to date. Then, when it’s time to file your reports, we provide you with the links and forms you need to file—without tacking on any fees. No upsells ever. Plus, all forms will be pre-populated with your info on them, making business maintenance simpler.
- We offer free tools. You don’t just get an invoice from us every year; we provide free online software that will help you maintain your business. We’ll give you all the forms you need to maintain your corporation, limited liability company (LLC), LLP, charity, nonprofit, or any other type of Kansas business. All you need to do is enter you company’s data once. Then that data will be saved and populate all kinds of different forms like annual meeting minutes, new registrations in other states, and any amendments you need to make to your corporation or LLC.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
- It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent. We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Kansas registered agent service, we scan everything from our office in Wichita, KS. Your Kansas registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just simply email you copies of your notices—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and view your documents. If you’d like, we can also arrange to call and mail you notices until you look at your documents.
- Collections. We take in new clients everyday who are sick of their current registered agent’s billing policy. We never send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying,” and we take it to heart.
- This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re great at it.
Registered Agent KS Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Kansas forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Kansas.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.