Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Kentucky LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Kentucky LLC Articles
- KY LLC operating agreement
- KY LLC resolutions
- KY LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- KY annual report reminders
- KY business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
KENTUCKY LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
LLCs are governed by Kentucky Revised Statutes – Title XXIII, Chapter 275 Limited Liability Companies.
How do I form a Kentucky LLC?
Forming an LLC in Kentucky will cost a $40 LLC articles of organization state filing fee when you file by mail or online.
The state of Kentucky Secretary of State is in charge of filing LLCs, and it will take 3-5 days to process your Kentucky limited liability company articles of organization.
What does your Kentucky LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Kentucky company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the KY Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Kentucky registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Kentucky registered agent service.
What is the total Kentucky LLC cost if I use your services?
$265 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s filing fee.
Any KY company expedited options?
Kentucky doesn’t expedite but if you file in person they will process while you wait.
Do I Need a Kentucky registered agent?
You must list your registered agent in your articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
Get a federal tax ID number from the IRS if you plan to hire employees. You may also need an FEIN to open a business bank account.
How much does a KY LLC cost each year?
The Kentucky annual report is due between January 1st and June 30th of the following year after forming an LLC, and each year thereafter. The annual report filing fee for LLCs is $15.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Kentucky?
Kentucky LLCs have to pay Kentucky taxes.
The Kentucky personal net income tax rate(s) are:
There are also a lot of local income taxes with an average rate of .16%.
There is no Kentucky sales tax.
What else should I know about forming a Kentucky LLC?
Starting a Kentucky LLC is just the beginning.
- If your business is expanding, you may need to Register an LLC in a Different State. You may need to order a Kentucky Certified Copy of your articles of organization.
- Many of our clients doing business outside the U.S. require a Kentucky Apostille.
- If your KY LLC has been delinquent or dissolved, you may need to Reinstate a Kentucky LLC.
- When you want to end your LLC, look into how to Dissolve a Kentucky LLC
What LLC forms can help me start and maintain my LLC?
The following Free LLC Forms are provided to help you start and manage your LLC in Kentucky:
- Operating Agreement
- First LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Bill of Sale
What if I am still not sure about the Kentucky LLC?
Feel free to compare the LLC with Kentucky Corporations.