Kentucky Registered Agent
When you choose Northwest as your Kentucky Registered Agent, you get instant service, Privacy by Default®, a business address, and free mail forwarding. And if you want more, you can get a domain name, website, email, and phone number for free.
Want to learn more about what a registered agent does in Kentucky? We'll explain the Kentucky Secretary of State requirements, what your registered agent should do for you, and how to change your registered agent in Kentucky.
When You Want More
$125 a Year Every Year
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service.
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications
- Privacy by Default®
- Business Address
- Free Domain, Website, Email & Business Phone
What Is a Kentucky Registered Agent?
A Kentucky registered agent is someone (yourself, another individual, or a professional registered agent company like us) that is tasked with accepting important legal mail on behalf of your business. All registered business in Kentucky are required by state law (KY Rev Stat § 14A.4-010) to have a registered agent.
At a minimum, your registered agent must:
- Have a physical address (no P.O. Boxes or virtual offices) in the state of Kentucky.
- Keep regular business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Accept legal mail and correspondence from the Kentucky Secretary of State on behalf of your business and notify you of receipt.
It’s easy to find a registered agent service that will accept important mail on your behalf, but shouldn’t your registered agent go the extra mile? We believe so, which is why at Northwest, we scan your mail when we receive it, and upload it directly to your online account. We also let you use our registered address on all your state formation documents and filings, helping you to keep your personal information off public record.
How Do I Change My Kentucky Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Kentucky:
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you.
- Do it yourself and file a Change of Principal Office Address, Registered Agent and/or Registered Office Address form with the Kentucky Secretary of State.
Why Northwest Is the Best Registered Agent in Kentucky
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
And if you want more? Add free trials of any of these options at checkout:
- Domain Name: Choose a domain name from a list of popular extensions (like .com and .net).
- Website: We provide a pre-built business website, customizable using an open source platform.
- Business Email Address: Create up to 10 business email addresses of your choosing. They’ll end in your domain name for branding ease.
- Phone Number: Keep your personal line private by using a business phone number for client communications.
How to Order Kentucky Registered Agent Service
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Kentucky registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Kentucky Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Kentucky registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Kentucky registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Kentucky corporate compliance.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Kentucky Registered Agent FAQs
Who Needs A Registered Agent In Kentucky?
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
Big data. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money. We don’t save your “big data” and offer it to others.
We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Your Kentucky registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state and when you hire us for Kentucky registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Lexington, KY. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our service system utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Kentucky registered agent service to help make sure you, and whoever you want to be notified, you don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
Privacy. This shouldn’t be a decision you make lightly. When some random person or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private. Our staff is trained not to give away your information. Our in-house data security professionals stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” And this isn’t just a saying.
This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Kentucky Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Kentucky?
We accept and scan all of our Kentucky clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Richmond, KY.
After You Accept Service Of Process, How Will You Get My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Richmond within minutes to your online account.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Kentucky Office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Kentucky, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in minutes.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Kentucky?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Kentucky Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Kentucky Registered Agents Get Served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your Kentucky registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
How To Search For A Kentucky Registered Agent:
If you want to legally notify a business through their Kentucky registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address. To find a company’s Kentucky registered agent:
- You can do a Kentucky business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.