Missouri Registered Agent
You get an instant online account. We:
- Locally scan all docs in real time
- Give you the forms to file
- Tips to get your filing done fast
- MO company management system
- Access to our Corporate Guides™
CHEAPER SITES EXIST
Kind of, but we:
- Include MO annual report reminders
- Don’t raise the price once we get you
- Will actually be your registered agent
- Aren’t a suite number in a virtual office
Registered agent Service in Missouri
What is a Missouri Registered Agent?
A Missouri registered agent is a person or company designated on a Missouri business’ formation documents that will accept service of process (notice of a lawsuit) on that business’ behalf and then forwards those documents to the responsible parties. Registered agents in Missouri creates a reliable way for a business to be contacted for all legal matters. All Missouri business registered with the Missouri Secretary of State are required to appoint a registered agent.
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in Missouri?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Missouri secretary of state will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
Why you need a Missouri registered agent:
- The state requires all Missouri registered businesses to appoint one.
- The Secretary of State Corporations Division will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the general public and the state have a reliable way to contact your business.
What do Missouri registered agents do?
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Missouri and get them to you.
- Missouri registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in state where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What are the requirements for Missouri registered agents?
Whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Missouri requires the same from its registered agents:
- The MO registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- MO registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Missouri).
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
Note: In order to accept the appointment of service, a registered agent in Missouri must either sign the appointing document or submit a written statement to the secretary of state acknowledging the appointment.
How to search for a Missouri registered agent:
- You can do a Missouri business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Missouri registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How to change your Missouri registered agent:
- You can change your Missouri registered agent online.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Missouri registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Missouri?
We accept and scan all of our Missouri clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Lee’s Summit, MO.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Lee’s Summit within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
How do I get registered agent service in Missouri?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Missouri registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Missouri Secretary of State’s Corporations Division.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Missouri registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Missouri registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Missouri corporate paperwork formalities like the Missouri .
How do I get started?
- Place an order for Missouri registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the Missouri Secretary of State.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The secretary of state’s corporation division will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Missouri registered agent.
Who needs a Missouri registered agent?
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. We know it sounds scary. And it is scary. But we won’t store your credit card. We don’t sell your info to make extra money.
- This is a big decision! Your Missouri registered agent service is going to receive all of your important notices and service of process. It only takes failure in service to cause major problems for your business. We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Missouri registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Lees Summit, Missouri. We not only email you a copy of your notice, we have the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Missouri registered agent service. Our system is designed to notify whomever you have designated AND make sure that you’re actually looking at your documents.
- Privacy. When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. This isn’t a game and this isn’t a decision to just make on a whim. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they will harass to find out. We have stringent privacy practices to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals. We also stress test our own systems regularly, and we prosecute people who try to hack us.
- Collections. Every day, we pick up new clients who want to switch to our Missouri registered agent service. Many of them tell us they feel their current registered agent has unfair billing policies. You can rest assured that we don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want our service, don’t pay for it. We don’t send client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” This isn’t just a slogan we made up, it’s our entire company policy.
- This is all we do. Registered agent service is not a line item on a profit and loss sheet for us. It’s not a just dividend payment to our owners. It’s not something we are trying that we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit they can find with an army of salespeople. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Registered Agent MO Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Missouri forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Missouri.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.