New Hampshire Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- New Hampshire business forms to file
- New Hampshire filing tips
- NH company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent Service in New Hampshire
What is a New Hampshire registered agent?
A New Hampshire registered agent is a resident or business that maintains a registered office address in New Hampshire and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business
Why do I need a New Hampshire registered agent?
- All legitimate, registered businesses in the state must appoint a registered agent.
- The New Hampshire Secretary of State’s Corporation Division will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the state and the general public have a reliable way to contact your business with legal notices and other types of important mail.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
At first glance, New Hampshire’s registered agent requirement may seem like just one more bureaucratic hassle. We get that, but we’ve done our best to make this technical requirement an indispensable service to help you run your business. Take a look:
- People tend to struggle with their New Hampshire business filings. Don’t take it personally, corporate filings can be confusing, but we do them every day. Once you hire us, you’ll have instant access to our filing instructions, tips, order sheets and all the forms you need to file.
- We’re here to help and we’re happy to walk you through the filing process. The people who answer our phones do this for a living. No one will be reading from a script and you’ll never be forced to talk to a salesperson.
- We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system. Starting your business in New Hampshire is only the beginning. You’ll have ongoing reports due to the state like the New Hampshire annual report, which can be hard to keep track of. Corporations, LLCs, and LLPs pay a $100 filing fee and submit the reports every year by April 1. LPs have no reporting requirements, and nonprofits only file these reports every five years. To simply the tracking process, if you hire us, you’ll see upcoming report dates in your online account for every state where we’re your registered agent. We’ll remind you based on your business’ data, and if New Hampshire’s reporting requirements or legislative laws change, we’ll keep you up to date. Plus, we not only send you a reminder, but we also give you access to the forms you need to file, all populated with your info on them, all at no additional charge.
- Free tools. You won’t just get an invoice from us every year; we provide free online software that will help you maintain your business. We provide all the forms you need to maintain your limited liability company (LLC), corporation, LLP, charity, nonprofit, or any other type of New Hampshire business. All you need to do is enter you company’s data once and from then on that data will populate all kinds of different forms like annual meeting, new registrations in other states, and any amendments you need to make to your business.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make money.
- We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for New Hampshire registered agent service, we scan everything from our Nashua, NH office. Your New Hampshire registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just email or mail you a copy of your notice—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and look at your documents. It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent.
- This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves. We are good at what we do. We don’t think of our clients as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re good at it.
What do New Hampshire registered agents do?
Your New Hampshire registered agent should:
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in New Hampshire and get them to you.
- Have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of New Hampshire where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What are the requirements for New Hampshire registered agents?
According to the New Hampshire state statute 304-C:36, whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of New Hampshire requires the following from its registered agents:
- The NH registered agent must be a state resident or a business that provides registered agent services.
- NH registered agents must have and maintain a registered office (a physical address in New Hampshire).
- NH registered agents accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
What’s the difference between New Hampshire registered agent, statutory agent, and resident agent services?
Nothing except the name.
How do I search for a New Hampshire registered agent?
- You can do a New Hampshire business name search with the Secretary of State.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
In order to notify a business, you can just send it to the New Hampshire registered agent via certified mail.
How to change your New Hampshire registered agent:
- File a change of agent form with the New Hampshire Corporation Division.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your New Hampshire registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in New Hampshire?
We accept and scan all of our New Hampshire clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Nashua, NH.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Concord within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your New Hampshire office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we will help where we can.
- Since you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- Official documents will come addressed to Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I use the address of your New Hampshire registered office for everything on my business filing?
We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Will you let me know when my New Hampshire annual report is due?
We send you reminders to file your NH annual report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you the reminder, but we also give you the forms and filing instructions you need.
How do New Hampshire registered agents get served?
Serving your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. If your registered agent accepts the documents and signs for them, it doesn’t matter if they don’t actually notify you. Legally, you have been notified of the lawsuit. We take this responsibility seriously. Here is how the whole thing works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, you see your documents long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, because we scanned them to your online account immediately following being served.
How do I get registered agent service in New Hampshire?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your New Hampshire registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the New Hampshire Corporation Division.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of New Hampshire registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for New Hampshire registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with New Hampshire corporate paperwork formalities like the New Hampshire annual report.
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in New Hampshire?
Hire us first and then form your New Hampshire LLC or corporation. The New Hampshire Corporation Division will reject your business registration filing if you don’t already have a registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How do I get started?
- Place an order for New Hampshire registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the New Hampshire Corporation Division.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The New Hampshire Corporation Division will process your filing.
- We’ll be your New Hampshire registered agent.
Who needs a registered agent in New Hampshire?
Anyone forming a New Hampshire LLC or corporation in New Hampshire needs to have a registered agent in the state.
Registered Agent NH Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant New Hampshire forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in New Hampshire.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple biennial report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.