Ohio Registered Agent
You get an instant online account. We:
- Locally scan all docs in real time
- Give you the forms to file
- Tips to get your filing done fast
- OH company management system
- Access to our Corporate Guides™
Kind of, but we:
- Include OH Biennial Report reminders
- Don’t raise the price once we get you
- Will actually be your registered agent
- Aren’t a suite number in a virtual office
Registered Agent Service in Ohio
What is an Ohio statutory agent?
An Ohio statutory agent is an Ohio resident or company that maintains a physical address in the state of Ohio and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business.
Note: In all Ohio forms and legislation, the state uses the term statutory agent. The only difference between statutory agents and Ohio registered agents is the name. The words are interchangeable and the responsibilities of each are the same.
What do Ohio statutory agents do?
Your Ohio registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
- Ohio registered agents must have a physical address in Ohio.
- Registered agents must be open during normal business hours.
- OH registered agents must accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you.
What are the requirements for Ohio registered agents?
According to Ohio state code § 1705.06, a statutory agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Ohio. No P.O. Boxes.
- Be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
Who needs a registered agent in Ohio?
Anyone forming an Ohio limited liability company or a Ohio corporation needs an Ohio registered agent.
Why do I need an Ohio statutory agent?
- All businesses registered with the state must appoint a statutory agent.
- The Ohio Secretary of State will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the government and general public have a reliable way to contact your Ohio business with legal notices and other types of important mail.
How do I change my Ohio registered agent?
File a Statutory Agent Update form with the Ohio Secretary of State. It costs $25 to change your Ohio registered agent.
How do I search for a company’s Ohio registered agent?
- You can do an Ohio business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the OH registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their Ohio registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How will I get my documents from you?
When we receive service of process or official mail for you business, we scan it to your online account, immediately. Then we notify you to log in and view it. For more details on the whole process, check out our registered agent infographic.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
If you are like most people, the registered agent requirement probably seems like another bureaucratic hoop you have to jump through when you start a business, but we’ve done our best to make this technical requirement a vital service. This is what we do:
- We’ll help you with your business filing. Corporate filings are not for everyone. They can be overwhelming and confusing. But not for us. We do them every day. Once you hire us, you’ll be give instant access to our filing instructions, tips, order sheets and all the forms you need to file.
- You can call us! We’re more than happy to walk you through whatever aspect of your Ohio business filing is giving you trouble. The people who answer the phones do filings for a living. No one will be reading from a script because we specialize in service, not maximizing our profits.
- We have the most refined business compliance reminder system in the industry. When you start your business in Ohio, it’s only the beginning. You’ll always see upcoming report and maintenance dates in your online account for every state in which your hired us for registered agent service. We’ll remind you based on your business’ corporate data, and if Ohio’s reporting requirements or laws change, we’ll keep you up to date. Then when it’s time to file your reports, we provide you with the links and forms you need to file—without tacking on any fees. No upsells, ever. Plus, all forms will be pre-populated with your info on them, making business maintenance simpler.
- We offer free tools. You don’t just get an invoice from us every year; we provide free online software that will help you maintain your business. We’ll give you all the forms you need to maintain your corporation, limited liability company (LLC), LLP, charity, nonprofit, or any other type of Ohio business. All you need to do is enter you company’s data once. Then that data will be saved and populate all kinds of different forms like annual meeting, new registrations in other states, and any amendments you need to make to your corporation or LLC.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
- It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent. We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Ohio statutory agent service, we scan everything from our office in North Canton, OH. Your Ohio registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just simply email you copies of your notices—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and view your documents. If you’d like, we can also arrange to call and mail you notices until you look at your documents.
- This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re good at it.
Info your OH statutory agent should help you know and understand:
- Your Ohio statutory agent needs to sign your filing if you’re making a domestic Ohio corporation or LLC. The necessary forms are pre-signed in your online account.
- There are no annual reports in Ohio, unless you have a professional corporation.
- A foreign corporation needs the officers’ signatures notarized. LLCs do not.
- Your Ohio statutory agent does not need to sign the form if it’s a foreign LLC or corporation.
Ohio registered agent service by Northwest Registered Agent for $125 a year, or we’ll match any other Ohio statutory agent price if you will agree to use our services for 2 or more years.
If you are going to start an Ohio LLC, corporation, or register your foreign out of state entity there are a couple things you should know:
- All filings do not need to be original inked signatures.
- Filings will take about 1 week to get processed.
- If you are qualifying an out of state corporation, you will need a certificate of good standing that’s less than 90 days old.
- In Ohio, a registered agent is more commonly referred to as a statutory agent.
When you use Northwest as your Ohio registered agent service, all the forms and filing instructions are available instantly, pre-signed for your convenience. You will still always have to sign the filings yourself.
As your Ohio statutory agent, Northwest provides un-paralleled service. Immediate access to your service of process through your online account.
Registered Agent OH Service Includes:
- Instant Ohio statutory agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Ohio forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Ohio.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple bienniel report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.