Wyoming Registered Agent
You get an instant online account. We:
- Locally scan all docs in real time
- Give you the forms to file
- Tips to get your filing done fast
- WY company management system
- Access to our Corporate Guides™
Cheaper Sites Exist
Kind of, but we:
- Include unlimited mail forwarding
- Don’t raise the price once we get you
- Will actually be your registered agent
- Aren’t a suite number in a virtual office
Why do I need a Wyoming Registered Agent?
According to Wyoming state law (W.S. 17-28-101), business entities formed with the Wyoming Secretary of State must appoint a registered agent and have a registered office physically located in Wyoming. The law is built on the notion of due process and the idea that lawsuits shouldn’t be able to go forward in court unless a business has been properly notified. Basically the court system doesn’t want to track you down all over the country. They want a way to notify every company locally in Wyoming. Your Wyoming registered agent serves as your business’ official point of contact with Wyoming secretary of state and the legal world. Having a reliable, tech-savvy Wyoming registered agent service ensures you stay on top of any official notices or services of process for your business and can save you from an enormous amount of headaches.
Why is a registered agent in Wyoming important?
In Wyoming, the registered agent is more than what it is in other states. We are required by the WY Secretary of State to know our clients. To maintain active contact details for you, and basically guard you from the outside world. Your Wyoming registered agent is required by the state to maintain the names and addresses of the members and managers, and have the details of a company contact who is authorized by the members to receive communications from the registered agent. While Wyoming doesn’t require this information on the Articles of Incorporation or the Articles of Organization, your registered agent in Wyoming must have this information on hand, or face stiff penalties.
We understand there are many gimmicky websites selling what we do as if it should be sold off at the cheapest price. We care about online security. You placing an order on a website that uses something as simple as 3rd party plugins to take your orders means your contact details are visible to some random developer in who knows where. There are so many behind the scene small details about what we do and how we dedicate massive resources to code and program our own in-house solutions so your information and data stays with us. If your hire someone that uses a gmail or even runs their own email server at a hosting location where it’s not their own machine means that your details are available to any network engineer at any number of random companies, just waiting to be hacked and stolen. We manage our own servers and our own code to make our website function. We view Wyoming registered agents as a professional service, not a commodity.
As with any service you pay for, you can always find a cheaper price for crappier service and you can always overpay! We’re $125 a year for Wyoming registered agent services. That’s not the cheapest, but it’s a lot cheaper than most and includes unlimited mail forwarding and years’ of experience we’ve gained while perfecting our skills in asset protection, logistics, relationships, and data security.
Order WY registered agent service with free mail forwarding
What does my Wyoming registered agent do?
- Maintain your company’s contact information (names and addresses of members/managers and officers/directors).
- Receive mail and important legal notices for you.
- Notify you when documents are received and forward them to you.
- Notify you when your annual reports are due.
- Maintain your registered office address.
Can I be my own registered agent in Wyoming?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Wyoming. A Wyoming registered agent can be a Wyoming resident or business entity with a physical address in Wyoming where the registered agent will keep regular business hours and accept hand-delivered services of process (no P.O. Boxes). Be aware, though, in Wyoming when you form a business entity, your registered agent will also have to file a Consent to Appointment by Registered Agent form (this registered agent form comes attached to all the Wyoming secretary of state’s forms). The consent form must be signed in black ink by your Wyoming registered agent, and copies will not suffice—the form must be an original copy. (The exception to this is for domestic LLCs, which can be formed online and do not require the filing of a paper Consent form).
Also, if you’re going to be your business’ registered agent and your business is sued, the sheriff, deputy, or process server will be delivering the lawsuit to your home or place of business which can be distracting, if not absolutely embarrassing for you. However, if you’d like to save some money while forming a new company, the main requirement is that you live in Wyoming and you’re willing to list your home address as the place where lawsuits should be delivered.
Why should I hire a registered agent service in Wyoming?
- You’re stuck. If you don’t live in Wyoming and want to form a Wyoming LLC or a Wyoming Corporation, you still have to have a physical location in Wyoming for your new company. Hiring a registered agent accomplishes this for you for a lot cheaper than renting office space.
- Some Wyoming business owners hire registered agent services because their business doesn’t keep regular business hours in which service of process or official mail can be delivered.
- Stay organized. Hiring a registered agent should give you a website to log into to be able to manage your company details, and have software that makes running a Wyoming business easier.
Whats my total cost for Wyoming registered agent service?
$125 per year. Unlimited mail forwarding included. No hidden fees, plus if you ever need states other than WY you can add them in your account. We discount as low as $100 a year if you have 10 or more companies in WY or if you have 10 or more states with our services.
What does Northwest Registered Agent offer me in return for $125?
- Unlimited Wyoming mail forwarding.
- Northwest Registered Agent has the most extensive alert system in the business. Seriously. If you want us to remind you (or anyone else you elect to be responsible for the documents) until you actually look at these documents, we can accomplish this. We take our responsibility seriously. After we receive a document for you, it starts a strict timeline and over the course of the next week, you’ll get regular emails, faxes, texts, phone calls, and lastly mailed notices to look at your lawsuit. If you’d like, we can also notify your attorney for certain documents (and other people of importance as well). You are able to customize the whole registered agent experience down to who gets notified about what type of document. For heavy volume lawsuit clients, we even have a special management portal where all your docs are OCR’d and customizable to meet your needs.
- When Northwest receives a notice from the state of Wyoming or a service of process for your business, within minutes we scan the documents at our Wyoming office and upload the documents to your account online. When this happens, you will instantly receive an email prompting you to log into your account to view the documents. We’re the only national registered agent service that uploads everything on site locally from our Buffalo, WY office to your account.
- Northwest will also send you reminders when any business reports are due to the Wyoming secretary of state. We’ll give you the link and the instructions to do it yourself and save money. We want to provide you solutions, not an opportunity to pay us more every time you hear from us.
- Once you hire Northwest Registered Agent, you will get instant access to an online account where you’ll find every Wyoming state form you could possibly file. Each form is pre-populated with our information and we also include ordering sheets and all kinds of state forms that aren’t easy to find, all just to make your life a little easier.
- You’ll also find instructions and tips from our business professionals on the best ways to file forms with the states and make payments to the state with no additional markup.
- Plus, if you have questions concerning your business entity, you can call us anytime and talk to our Corporate Guides.
- We’re national, so you can add as many states as you need to get registered in and the forms to file and instructions are always there. Plus, as you get more states, you get an automatic discount.
Order Wyoming registered agent service
How does Wyoming know who my registered agent is?
When you form an LLC or corporation in Wyoming, you will file official paperwork (articles of incorporation for corporations, articles of organization for an LLC) with the WY Secretary of State. These certificates specifically ask for the name and address of your Wyoming registered agent. Wyoming also requires that registered agent sign, in black ink, the Consent to Appointment by Registered Agent form (unless you file online).
What is a Wyoming Registered Office?
The registered office is the actual, physical address of the Wyoming registered agent. This is the address where all official mail and services of process will be delivered and received. This is also the address that will be listed as the business’ contact on the WY secretary of state’s public records, so whenever someone looks up the official business address or tries to find the owner’s address, your Wyoming registered agent’s address is what will be listed.
Does my business really need a Wyoming registered agent?
Sole proprietorships are the only business types that aren’t required to have a Wyoming registered agent because they aren’t formed with the secretary of state. But sole proprietorships don’t give entrepreneurs any of the potential tax benefits or limited liability that an official business entity offers.
Should I hire a registered agent before forming my corporation or LLC?
Definitely. You can’t form your corporation or LLC in Wyoming if you don’t have a registered agent. Although some are confused when they hire a registered agent before forming their business, as they think they’ll need their business’ official name first. But there’s no need worry. After you hire your Wyoming registered agent (or appoint yourself or other individual) and fill out the Consent to Appointment by Registered Agent, if you find that your proposed business name isn’t available with the Secretary of State, you can always choose another one—just let your registered agent know.
How is a registered agent in Wyoming served with a lawsuit?
A process server will deliver a summons notice and a complaint form to your registered agent. The summons notice is basically instructions for how to respond to the lawsuit. The complaint form outlines who is suing, the reason they’re suing, and what the person or entity suing you wants in compensation (i.e. how much money they want from you). These documents are delivered to your Wyoming registered agent’s address, where your registered agent signs for the server’s documents, acknowledging receipt of the lawsuit. If you’ve hired Northwest Registered Agent, within minutes of receiving service of process, we’ll upload the document to your account and you’ll instantly receive an email prompting you to log into your account and take action. If you would like more details about how this all works, check out our Registered Agent Infographic.
How do I search for a company’s Wyoming registered agent?
- You can do a Wyoming business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the WY registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their Wyoming registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How can I switch my Wyoming Resident Agent to you?
You simply sign up online and we’ll file the change of registered agent form for you. Here’s a step by step page to learn more here on how to change your Wyoming Registered Agent. But if you simply place a Wyoming registered agent order, we’ll process the change to us. It will take about 5 days to show up online with the state.
What will it cost to have you file the LLC or Corporation in Wyoming?
$100 plus the $102 state fees. We always include a year of registered agent service at $125. So your total if you want us to form your company will be $327. And we can complete your Wyoming LLC within 1 business day.
Many people wonder Why they should incorporate in Wyoming. The main point is because of Wyoming has no business or personal income tax, and the asset protection provided by a Wyoming statutes. You don’t need to hire someone, but you really should take advantage of the perks of having a professional form your business in Wyoming.
Have us form your Wyoming Company Here
Registered Agent AK Service Includes:
- Instant Wyoming registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Wyoming forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Wyoming.
- State resources in your Wyoming registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.