$100 gets our Corporate Guides™ who will form your California LLC, plus:
- Custom LLC articles of Organization
- We form your LLC
- Resolutions showing you own it
- CA LLC operating agreement
- CA LLC membership certificates
We include a year of CA registered agent service, which includes:
- CA Statement of Information reminder
- Registered office address
- CA forms and information
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ any time
CA LLC in 3 days
We’re fast and include everything you need:
- 1-3 day expedited processing
- 1 year registered agent service
- CA LLC management software
- Statement of Information reminders
- $315 total
California Limited Liability Company
How do I form a California LLC?
Forming an LLC in California will cost a $70 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The California Secretary of State is in charge of filing California LLCs, and it will take about 2 months to process your California limited liability company articles of organization if you file by mail. The only way to speed up the process is to walk the filing in and then it gets done in about 25 business days, or you can pay an additional state expedite fee and your CA LLC will get done in 1-3 business days.
What is a California LLC?
A limited liability company is a relatively newer alternative to the traditional corporate entity. The LLC offers similar liability protections, but it is easier to manage. All states now have separate statutes that govern limited liability companies. If you are not sure what business entity is right for your situation, you may want to learn more about California corporations.
What is included in your California LLC service?
- Drafting custom California company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the CA Secretary of State.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- California limited liability company operating agreement.
- The California LLCs state filing fees.
- California registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 California limited liability company service and $125 California registered agent service.
What is the total California company cost if you use our services?
$295 for a California limited liability company. That includes the states California LLC filing fee and a year or California registered agent service.
Any CA company expedited options?
We can walk the filing in and it will get done in about 25 business days. Paying an additional 24 hour expedite fee can get it done in about 1-3 business days. You can add these options when signing up for our services.
Do I need a California registered agent?
All California LLCs must list a registered agent in their Articles of Organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID number?
If you want to open a bank account and/or hire employees, you will want to get your federal tax ID first.
How much does an CA LLC cost each year?
California has biennial statement of information reports due on the last day of the month you formed your CA LLC in. The CA Statement of Information costs $20. You also have an initial report due within 90 days of formation that costs $20 also. Additionally, you’ll have to pay a minimum $800 a year franchise tax payment.
What are the California LLC taxes?
California LLCs are subject to California taxes. The personal income tax in California ranges from 1.25-9.55% for up to 1 million in personal income. Most everyone will fall in the 8.25-9.55% net income tax bracket. The California LLC is defaulted to be taxed at the personal level, making it very easy from an California state tax perspective.
The average combined California sales tax rate is 9.1%.
What else do I need to know about my California LLC?
You will need to know more than simply, How to start a California LLC. You will be responsible for filings and updates throughout your California LLC’s life. For example:
- In order to Register your LLC in a different state, you may need to acquire a California certified copy of articles and/or a California Certificate of Good Standing.
- Many of our clients doing business in other countries find that they need a California apostille.
- If your CA LLC is delinquent, you may be interested in How to reinstate an LLC in California.
- And when you are ready to end your LLC’s existence, you should learn How to dissolve a California LLC.
Any other LLC forms/documents I may need?
We try to make managing your LLC as easy as possible, that is why we provide the following Free LLC Forms :