District of Columbia LLC
Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Washington DC LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Washington DC LLC Articles
- DC LLC operating agreement
- DC LLC resolutions
- DC LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- DC biennial report reminders
- DC business forms and information
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
District of Columbia Limited Liability Company
How do I form a District of Columbia LLC?
File Articles of Organization with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA). Forming an LLC in District of Columbia will cost a $220 LLC articles of organization filing fee.
The DCRA will take 3-4 weeks to process your DC limited liability company articles of organization if you file by mail.
We recommend the using the DCRA online LLC formation. Online filings are auto expedited so your LLC will be formed within 10 days.
When forming an LLC in District of Columbia, our service includes:
- Drafting custom District of Columbia LLC Articles of Organization
- We make the corporation or LLC filing with the DCRA
- The organizer initial resolution
- DC limited liability company operating agreement
- The DCRA LLC articles of organization filing fee
- District of Columbia registered agent service
Our fees are: $100 District of Columbia limited liability company service and $125 District of Columbia registered agent service.
What is the total District of Columbia company cost if I use your LLC service?
$445 total for a DC limited liability company. That includes the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs LLC filing fee and a year of DC registered agent service.
Any DC company expedited options?
You can pay the DCRA an extra $100 for 2 day processing. Walked in documents are expedited and processed the same day. We can form your District of Columbia LLC in just one business day!
Do I need a DC registered agent?
You must list the name and address of your registered agent on your DC articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need a federal tax ID number to open a bank account and/or hire employees.
How much does a DC LLC cost each year?
The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs requires LLCs to file an initial report which costs $300. The initial report is due on April 1st the year following your initial filing date. After that, DC biennial reports are required every other April 1st and cost $300.
What are the District of Columbia LLC taxes?
DC LLCs are subject to DC taxes.
The District of Columbia personal net income tax rate(s) are:
The average District of Columbia sales tax rate is 6%.
What else do I need to know about starting a District of Columbia LLC?
You will need to know more than just how to start a Washington DC LLC. There will be times when you need to take action to grow or maintain your LLC. For example:
- As your business grows, you may need to register your LLC in a different state. To register in another state, you may need a Washington DC certified copy of articles
- Many people find they need a Washington DC apostille to do business in a foreign country.
- If your LLC is delinquent with state requirements, you may need to learn How to reinstate an LLC in Washington DC.
- Eventually, you may need to know How to dissolve a Washington DC LLC.
What if I need forms for my Washington DC LLC?
We provide a variety of Free LLC Forms to help you start and maintain your DC LLC:
- Free LLC operating agreement
- Membership certificate
- First meeting minutes
- LLC resolution to open a bank account
- Articles of Organization
How do I know if a DC LLC is right for me?
Want to compare business entities? Learn more about the Washington DC Corporation.