INCORPORATING IOWA CORPORATIONS
What is an Iowa corporation?
Iowa corporations are separate legal entities established by the shareholders. The shareholders elect to have an incorporator make the action to incorporate an Iowa corporation to create a separate entity from them personally.
How much do Iowa corporations cost?
An Iowa corporation will cost $50 to file the articles of incorporation.
How do I form an Iowa corporation?
File articles of incorporation with the IA Secretary of State. It will take the Iowa Secretary of State about 3 business days to process your IA corporation articles of incorporation when you file by mail, fax, or online.
How are Iowa corporations regulated?
Iowa Corporations are governed by Iowa Code Statutes – Title XII, Subtitle 2, Chapter 490, Business Corporations.
What do the Iowa Articles of Incorporation require?
Iowa doesn’t have an articles of incorporation form you can file. The basic IA articles of incorporation requirements are:
- The Iowa Corporation must have a corporate ending such as INC, Incorporated, Corporation or a different variety.
- The Iowa corporation name must be different than already registered Iowa corporations.
- The number of shares the Iowa Corporation is authorized to issue.
- The name and office address of the registered agent in Iowa.
- The name and address of each incorporator of the Iowa Corporation.
- Optional provisions.
- The Iowa chairperson of the board of directors, its president, an officer, or the incorporator must sign and date the articles of incorporation.
- The address and title of the person executing the articles of incorporation.
You can draft the articles yourself and use our free Iowa corporate tools we provide in your online account, or you can pay our $100 incorporating Iowa service fee and we’ll do it for you. When you pay us to form your Iowa corporation, your money actually goes back into the local community. Why? Because we actually run a business in Iowa, just like you.
When we incorporate an Iowa corporation, Our incorporating Iowa service includes:
- Drafting custom IA corporation articles of incorporation.
- The incorporator initial resolutions.
- Iowa corporate bylaws.
- The Iowa corporation state filing fees.
- Iowa registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 incorporating Iowa service and $125 Iowa corporate agent service.
Total incorporating Iowa package for only $275 to form an Iowa corporation, and that includes the state filing fees.
Do I need an Iowa registered agent?
You need to list your Iowa registered agent in your articles of incorporation. As your registered agent, we accept official notices and service of process on behalf of your business.
What are the ongoing fees for an Iowa corporation?
You must file Iowa Biennial Reports with the Secretary of State. The report fee is $30 online or $45 by mail.
What about Iowa taxes?
Iowa corporations must pay Iowa taxes. The Iowa corporate tax rate ranges from 6% to 12%.
How do I get a Federal Tax ID Number?
If you need a federal tax ID number, that can be obtained online immediately with the IRS.
What else should I know about forming an Iowa Corporation?
We provide the following resources to help you manage your Iowa corporation:
- Iowa Certified Copy
- Iowa Apostille
- Iowa Corporation Reinstatement
- Iowa Corporation Dissolution
- Registering a Corporation in Another State
What corporation forms and documents do I need?
Please feel free to use the following Corporation Forms. We provide them free of charge to help maintain your corporation documentation.
Should I incorporate in Iowa?
If you would like to compare entities before you form an Iowa corporation , we suggest learning more about the Iowa LLC.