Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Montana LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Montana LLC Articles
- MT LLC operating agreement
- MT LLC resolutions
- MT LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- MT annual report reminders
- MT business forms and information
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
Montana Limited Liability Company
Montana LLCs are governed by Montana Code Annotated 2009 – Title 35, Chapter 8 – Montana Limited Liability Company Act.
How do I form a Montana LLC?
Forming an LLC in Montana will cost a $70 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The state of Montana Secretary of State is in charge of filing Montana LLCs, and it will take about 10 business days to process your Montana limited liability company articles of organization.
What does your Montana LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Montana company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the MT Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- Montana limited liability company operating agreement.
- The Montana LLCs state filing fees.
- Montana registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 Montana limited liability company service and $125 Montana registered agent service.
What is the total Montana LLC cost when I use your service?
$300 for a Montana limited liability company and that includes the states Montana LLC filing fee.
Any MT company expedited options?
Yes. 1-3 day processing is $20 extra and 1 hour processing is $100 extra.
We can form your Montana LLC in one day for $365!
Do I need a Montana registered agent?
Your registered agent must be listed in your articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need the FEIN if you want to hire employees. You may also need an FEIN to open a business bank account.
How much does an MT LLC cost each year?
The Montana annual report is due every April 15th and costs $15 to file.
What are the Montana LLC taxes?
Your Montana LLC will have to pay Montana taxes. The Montana personal net income tax rates are:
$15,600 + 6.9%
Montana does not have sales tax.
What else should I know about the Montana LLC?
Starting your business is just the beginning. You may find that you need to make other state filings to grow your business or stay compliant. We provide the following information to make things a little easier on you. And don’t forget, we provide all the state forms and filing instructions in your online account when you sign up.
- Registering an LLC in Another State
- Montana Certified Copy
- Montana Apostille
- Montana LLC Reinstatement
- Montana LLC Dissolution
What other LLC forms do I need?
We provide the following Free LLC Forms as a courtesy to anyone who needs them. These forms are not filed with the state. They are for your own records/documentation.
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Interest Bill of Sale
Should I form a Montana LLC or Montana corporation?
If you are still not sure about forming a Montana LLC, we suggest taking a few minutes to compare it with the Montana Corporation.