$100 gets our Corporate Guides™ who will form your Colorado LLC with the most asset protection possible, plus:
- Custom LLC articles of Organization
- We form your LLC
- Resolutions showing you own it
- CO LLC operating agreement
- CO LLC membership certificates
We include a year of registered agent service:
- We’ll be your CO registered agent
- CO annual report reminders
- CO business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
COLORADO LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
How do I form a Colorado LLC?
Forming an LLC in Colorado is easy because the state does all filings online. It will cost a $50 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The State of Colorado Secretary of State is in charge of filing Colorado LLCs, and your Colorado limited liability company articles of organization are processed immediately online.
What is required to file Colorado LLC Articles of Organization?
To form an Colorado LLC, you file Colorado LLC articles of organization. The Colorado articles of organization cost $50 to the Colorado Secretary of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Colorado LLC articles of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Colorado LLC registration, but if you’d like to save some money, you could just hire us as your CO registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately. The basic requirements are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it.
- A New Colorado LLCs name must be different than already registered Colorado companies.
- The mailing and principal office address of the llc company
- The Colorado registered agent and the physical address.
- The names and addresses of the initial organizer(s).
- If the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers or members. The members or managers names are not required on the initial articles.
- The Colorado organizer does not have to sign.
Colorado does not require original signatures on filings. The registered Colorado LLC paperwork should be filed online. You can see all the filed documents immediately. If you are looking to form a corporation instead, see our Colorado corporation page.
What’s the actual process to start an Colorado LLC?
- Colorado LLC registration is started when you file the articles of organization for a Colorado LLC with the Secretary of State.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Colorado that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- You register your Colorado LLC with the department of revenue or labor if you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don’t.)
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
- If you’re going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
What does your Colorado LLC formation service include?
- Drafting custom Colorado company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the CO Secretary of State.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Colorado registered agent service
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Colorado registered agent service.
Total Colorado company cost if you use our services:
$275 for an limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any CO company expedited options?
We auto expedite all corporate filings. Often we complete CO LLC orders the same day.
Do I need a Colorado registered agent?
Yes. You must list a registered agent when you file the articles online.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
Yes. You will need a federal employer ID number or FEIN if you want to open a business bank account or have employees.
How much does an CO LLC cost each year?
The annual LLC reports are due every year in the anniversary month you initially filed in. Colorado annual reports are $10.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Colorado?
Colorado LLCs are subject to Colorado taxes. The personal income tax in Colorado ranges from 4.6%. In Colorado, the LLC is defaulted to be taxed at the personal level, making it very easy from an Colorado state tax perspective.
The average Colorado sales tax rate is 7.79% (the state has a 6% tax, but the average local tax is 1.79% making a total of 7.79%).
What else should I know about my Colorado LLC?
We can help you with more than simply How to Form a Colorado LLC. For example:
- As your business grows, you may need to find out more about Registering an LLC in Another State. This may require that you order a Colorado Certified Copy of your articles or a Colorado Certificate of Good Standing.
- If you would like to register your LLC in another country, you might need a Colorado Apostille.
- In the event that your LLC is delinquent with the state, you will want to know all about Colorado LLC Reinstatement.
- Finally, Colorado LLC Dissolution occurs when you are ready to legally end your Colorado LLC.
What other documents/forms might I need for my Colorado LLC?
We offer a variety of Free LLC Forms to help you manage your Colorado LLC:
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Interest Bill of Sale
How do I know if the Colorado LLC is right for me?
Want to compare entities? See our Colorado Corporation page.