Louisiana Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Louisiana business forms to file
- Louisiana filing tips
- LA company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent Service in Louisiana
What is a Louisiana registered agent for service of process?
A Louisiana resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Louisiana and is willing to accept legal documents and official mail on behalf of a business.
What’s the difference between Louisiana registered agent, statutory agent, resident agent, and agent for service of process services?
Nothing except the name.
Why do I need a Louisiana registered agent for service of process?
- The state requires all Louisiana registered businesses to appoint one.
- The Secretary of State will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the state and general public have a reliable way to contact your business.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- It’s not personal, but you’ll likely struggle with your business filing. Louisiana business filings are confusing. But we do them every day, and when you hire us, as part of our registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the process of starting your new business. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—they’re just here to help.
- This is only the beginning. When you form an LLC or corporation, each year, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Louisiana annual report, which is due each year on your business’ anniversary date. We also offer complete corporate services in Louisiana. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you with not only a reminder but the forms you need to file (LLC forms, corporation forms, annual report forms, etc.) already prepopulated with your information on them—all for no additional charge.
- Free tools. We don’t simply send you a bill for providing registered agent service—we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your LLC, nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of Louisiana business. Through our Online Service Manager, you need only enter your information once and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meeting minutes, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- Big data. If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
- We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Through our Online Service Manager, we’ll scan everything to you in real time. Your Louisiana registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state, and when you hire us for Louisiana registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Baton Rouge, LA. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. We utilize the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Louisiana registered agent service to help make sure you and whoever you want to be notified don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
- Privacy. This shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” And this isn’t just a saying.
- This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What do Louisiana registered agents do?
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Louisiana and get them to you.
- Louisiana registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Louisiana where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What are the requirements for Louisiana registered agents?
According to the Louisiana Laws (§12:104), whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Louisiana requires the same from its registered agents:
- The LA registered agent for service of process must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- LA registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Louisiana).
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
- If an individual is appointed, he or she must be at least 18 years of age.
How do I search for a Louisiana registered agent?
- You can do a Louisiana business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Louisiana registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How to change your Louisiana registered agent:
- File a Notice of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office form with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Louisiana registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Louisiana?
We accept and scan all of our Louisiana clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Baton Rouge, LA.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Baton Rouge within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your Louisiana office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Louisiana, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I use the address of your Louisiana registered office for everything on my business filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
How do I get registered agent service in Louisiana?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Louisiana registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Louisiana secretary of state.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Louisiana registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Louisiana registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Louisiana corporate paperwork formalities like the annual report.
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in Louisiana?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Louisiana secretary of state will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
Who needs a registered agent in Louisiana?
Any business registered with the Louisiana Secretary of State requires a registered agent. This includes a Louisiana LLC or a Louisiana corporation .
Registered Agent LA Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Louisiana forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Louisiana.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple periodic report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.