Mississippi Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Mississippi business forms to file
- Mississippi filing tips
- MS company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Mississippi Registered Agent Service
What is a Mississippi registered agent?
A Mississippi registered agent is the designated agent for service of process. This means that Mississippi corporations and LLC’s must appoint a registered agent who agrees to accept official documents and legal notices on behalf of the business. The registered agent must have a physical address in Mississippi.
Info your MS registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic Mississippi corporations cost $50 to file.
- A domestic Mississippi LLC will cost $50 to file.
- A foreign Mississippi corporation qualification will cost $500.
- A foreign LLC will cost $250.
To incorporate in Mississippi you will file your documents with the Mississippi Secretary of State. You must use the MS Secretary of State’s online filing system.
You may submit everything online or you may print documents and mail them to the state. If you file online it is a lot faster. You should get a confirmation email the same day for online filings. Turnaround time for mailed documents is 2-3 days plus mail time. They will return a filed, stamped copy to the address on the check you use for payment.
Foreign entities filing to qualify to do business in Mississippi must submit a certificate of good standing that is not older than 6 months. The certificate can be a copy version.
All annual reports are due every year on April 15th. They will get mailed out to your principal address, not your MS resident agent. They cost $25 to file, and you can file them online. Domestic Mississippi LLCs have free annual reports.
How do I change my Mississippi registered agent?
It costs $10 to file a change of registered agent form to change your registered agent in Mississippi to Northwest.
How do I search for a company’s registered agent in Mississippi?
- You can do an Mississippi business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the MS registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their registered agent, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
Can I use your Mississippi registered office address for everything on my filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
What types of entities must have a Mississippi registered agent?
Mississippi corporations and Mississippi LLCs must designate a registered agent.
As your Mississippi registered agent, we provide the forms, pre-signed and ready for you to use instantly after signing up for service in your online account. All service of process and items received in Mississippi will be uploaded locally to your account instantly (for a quick visual of this process, see our Registered Agent Infographic). There’s no hidden fees, no forwarding fees, and no cancellation fees.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. You’ve heard the term and you are right to be scared of it. We never store your credit card info. We never sell your data to others to make extra money.
- This is serious! Your Mississippi registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. It only takes one screw-up to cause a real problem. We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Mississippi registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Ridgeland, Mississippi. We don’t just mail you a copy of your notice or email it to you. We have the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Mississippi registered agent service to help make sure you and whomever you want to be notified doesn’t just get a notice about something, but that you’re actually looking at your documents.
- Privacy. When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. This isn’t a game and this isn’t a decision to just make on a whim. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they will harass to find out. We have stringent privacy practices to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals. We also stress test our own systems regularly, and we prosecute people who try to hack us.
- Collections. Read the fine print. We pick up new clients switching Mississippi registered agents every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, you don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” This isn’t just a slogan we made up, it’s our entire company policy.
- We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. It’s not a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit they can find with an army of salespeople. Not that there’s anything wrong with any of those, but registered agent service isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Registered Agent MS Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Mississippi forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Mississippi.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.