North Carolina LLC
Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your North Carolina LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- North Carolina Custom LLC Articles
- NC LLC operating agreement
- NC LLC resolutions
- NC LLC membership certificates
We provide extra privacy with our address. We’re with you for the long haul and our Corporate Guides™ are here to help:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- NC annual report reminders
- NC business forms and fees
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
NORTH CAROLINA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
LLCs are governed North Carolina General Statutes – Chapter 57C North Carolina Limited Liability Company Act.
How do I form a North Carolina LLC?
File LLC Articles of Organization with the North Carolina Secretary of State. Your LLC articles can be file by mail, in person, or online. Forming an LLC in North Carolina will cost $125 ($127 if filing online) for the LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The state of North Carolina Secretary of State will take about 5-7 business days to process your LLC articles of organization. You can pay $100 for 24 hour processing or $200 for same day processing. A copy of the articles is returned by e-mail if you provide an email, otherwise by regular mail.
What does your North Carolina LLC service include?
- Drafting custom North Carolina company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the NC Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The LLCs state filing fees.
- North Carolina registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 North Carolina registered agent service.
What is the total North Carolina LLC cost if I use your service?
$352 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any NC company expedited options?
North Carolina SOS has a 24 hour expedite option. So we can form your LLC in just 1-2 days!
Do I need a North Carolina registered agent?
Yes. You will need to list your registered agent in your articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You need to obtain a tax ID number from the IRS if you will be hiring employees.
How much does an NC LLC cost each year?
The North Carolina Secretary of State requires an LLC annual report, which is due 3.5 months after the close of your tax year, usually April 15th. The NC annual report costs $200.
What are the taxes for an LLC in North Carolina?
North Carolina LLCs are subject to NC taxes. There is a franchise tax on assets in North Carolina of $1.50 for every $1,000.
The North Carolina personal net income tax rates are:
The average North Carolina sales tax rate is 8.07%. The state has a 5.75% tax, but the average local tax is 2.32% making a total of 8.07%.
What else should I know about my North Carolina LLC?
- Register an LLC in Another State
- North Carolina Certified Copy
- NC Apostille
- Reinstating an LLC in North Carolina
- Dissolving an LLC in North Carolina
What LLC documents will I need?
We have drafted several commonly used Free LLC Legal Forms. We provide the following documents to help you start and manage your LLC:
- Operating Agreement Template
- LLC First Meeting Minutes Template
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Bill of Sale
Should I form a North Carolina LLC?
Trying to decide between forming a NC LLC or a NC Corporation? Take a few minutes to compare.