Starting a business in Wyoming
HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN WYOMING
Starting a business in Wyoming can and should be easier than you think. You file simple forms with the WY Secretary of State, and your business is formed! Obviously it is a little more involved than that, but if you’d like to start your own business yourself, you will find it easy to hire us as your registered agent and you’ll find all the forms you could file to start a business in Wyoming, along with great filing instructions on the quickest and cheapest ways to start your business in Wyoming.
What’s the actual process to start a business in Wyoming?
- You file articles of incorporation for a Wyoming corporation or articles of organization for a Wyoming LLC with the WY Secretary of State, Business Division
- You obtain a federal tax ID number (FEIN or EIN) with the IRS after you have confirmation and filed articles from the State of Wyoming showing your approved Wyoming business.
- Opening a business banking account under your new Wyoming business name should be easy with these two items.
- If you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax, you will probably need to register with the WY department of revenue. We provide all these links in your online account.
- If your business trade requires a license, you’ll have to apply for a license with the Wyoming licensing board. (Most businesses don’t need one.) But if you do, these quick links and contact details are in your online account.
- Some local cities or counties have a general license, but most don’t.
- You obtain a local trade license if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
- If you’re going to have an office or shop you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
- If you get overwhelmed, just get your business pulling in money and worry about regulations later.
If you want a corporation, you file Wyoming Articles of Incorporation.
To form a Wyoming corporation, file articles of incorporation. The Wyoming articles of incorporation cost $100 with the Wyoming Secretary of State, Business Division. We custom draft your Wyoming articles of incorporation when you hire Northwest to start your Wyoming business.
The basic requirements of Wyoming corporations are:
- The Wyoming corporation name must have a corporate ending such as incorporated, corporation or an abbreviation thereof.
- The number of shares the Wyoming corporation is authorized to issue.
- The name of the registered agent in Wyoming and the registered office address.
- The corporations principal office address and mailing address.
- The name and address of the Wyoming incorporator(s).
- The Wyoming incorporator(s) must sign the articles of incorporation.
- A contact name, email, and phone number.
If you want a LLC, you file Wyoming Articles of Organization:
To form a Wyoming LLC, you file articles of organization and pay the $100 fee. Wyoming LLCs can now be formed online for an additional $2 fee. If formed online, you do not need to submit a Consent of Registered Agent form.
The basic requirements of Wyoming LLC filings are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it
- New Wyoming LLCs name must be different than already registered Wyoming companies
- The Wyoming statutory agent and the physical address
- The principal place of business in Wyoming
- Contact’s name, email, and phone number
- The signature of the LLCs organizer
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? You can save some money:
If you want to start a business in Wyoming yourself, you can just hire us as your Wyoming registered agent, and you’ll instantly have the Wyoming LLC or corporation forms to file along with filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to incorporate a Wyoming corporation or form a Wyoming LLC. You’ll get the ongoing support of our online tools, reminders and the support of a professional Wyoming statutory agent service.
MORE HELPFUL TIPS