How to form an LLC in Wyoming:
You form Wyoming LLCs by filing articles of organization with the Wyoming Secretary of State, Business Division.
What is required to file Wyoming LLC Articles of Organization?
To form a Wyoming LLC, you file Wyoming LLC articles of organization. The Wyoming articles of organization cost $100 to the Wyoming Secretary of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Wyoming LLC articles of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Wyoming LLC registration, but if you'd like to save some money, you could just hire us as your WY statutory agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately. The basic requirements are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it
- New Wyoming LLCs name must be different than already registered Wyoming companies
- The Wyoming statutory agent and the physical address
- The principal place of business in Wyoming.
- Contact’s name, email, and phone number
- The signature of the LLCs organizer
- The Wyoming registered agent has to sign Consent to Appointment of Registered Agent form to be submitted with your articles of organization
Wyoming requires original ink signatures on filings.
What's the actual process to start a Wyoming LLC?
- Wyoming LLC registration is started when you file the articles of organization for a Wyoming LLC with the Wyoming Secretary of State, Business Division.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Wyoming that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- You register your Wyoming LLC with the department of revenue or workforce services if you're going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don't.)
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you're going to be working in requires it.
- If you're going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? You can save some money:
If you want to form a Wyoming limited liability company yourself, you can just hire us as your Wyoming registered agent, and you'll instantly have the Wyoming LLC forms to file and filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to file a Wyoming LLCs. You'll get the ongoing support of our online tools, compliance reminders and the support of a professional Wyoming LLC agent service.