Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Illinois LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Illinois LLC Articles
- IL LLC operating agreement
- IL LLC resolutions
- IL LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your IL registered agent
- IL annual report reminders
- IL business forms and instructions
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
Illinois Limited Liability Company
What is an Illinois LLC?
An Illinois LLC is a limited liability company formed in the state of Illinois. The LLC is a business entity that is essentially a hybrid combining the simplicity of a partnership’s tax structure (profits are taxed as the members’ personal income) and the limited liability of a corporation without all the formalities. This combination of characteristics has made the LLC the business entity of choice for small businesses everywhere. Illinois LLCs are formed by filing Articles of Organization with the Illinois Secretary of States’ Business Services Division. LLCs in Illinois can be formed online, on the secretary of state’s website or by hiring us.
How do I form an Illinois LLC?
Simply file Articles of Organization with the Illinois Secretary of State. Forming an LLC in Illinois will cost a $500 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The Illinois Secretary of State will take 2 weeks to process your LLC articles of organization if you file by mail or fax. You have to have a pre-paid account to fax file in Illinois.
You can form your LLC online if you pay an additional $100 expedite fee and a payment processing fee.
What does your Illinois LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Illinois company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the IL Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Illinois registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Illinois registered agent service.
What is the total Illinois LLC cost if I use your service?
$725 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any IL company expedited options?
There are no expedite options if you file the paper form. If you file online you have to pay a $100 expedite fee and the Illinois SOS will process your LLC formation in 1-5 days.
We can complete your Illinois LLC filing in as little as two business days for $840! Just choose the expedited processing option on our sign up form.
Do I need an Illinois registered agent?
Yes. you will need to list a registered agent when you form your Illinois LLC.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
Yes. You will need a tax ID number from the IRS if you want to open a business bank account or hire employees.
How much does an IL LLC cost each year?
LLC annual reports are due the day before the first day of the anniversary month you initially filed in. So if your filing date is April 15th, you will need to file your Illinois annual report by March 31st. The LLC annual report fee is $250.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Illinois?
Illinois LLCs are subject to Illinois taxes. In Illinois, the Illinois personal net income tax rate is 5%.
The average Illinois sales tax rate is 8.4%. The state has a 6.25% tax, but the average local tax is 2.15% making a total of 8.4%.
What about maintaining my Illinois LLC?
We can help you with more than just starting an Illinois LLC. We provide ongoing information and support.
- As your business grows, you may want to look into Registering an LLC in a Different State. Many states will require and Illinois Certified Copy of your articles to register there.
- If you are doing business abroad, you may need to obtain an Illinois Apostille
- If your business is delinquent with the state, you can learn how too Reinstate an Illinois LLC to get your business back in good standing.
- Finally, you will need to know how to Dissolve an Illinois LLC when you decide to end your business.
What forms do I need to start and maintain my LLC?
We also provide a variety of Free LLC Forms that can make managing your LLC a little easier. Please take advantage of the following:
- Operating Agreement
- First LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Bill of Sale
Is the Illinois LLC the right option for me?
Still not sure if the LLC is the right business structure? Want to compare entities? Read more about Illinois Corporations.