Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Illinois LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Illinois LLC Articles
- IL LLC operating agreement
- IL LLC resolutions
- IL LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your IL registered agent
- IL annual report reminders
- IL business forms and instructions
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
One day Illinois LLC
We’re fast and include everything you need:
- Next day processing
- 1 year registered agent service
- IL LLC management software
- Annual report reminders
- $875 total
Illinois Limited Liability Company
Illinois LLCs are governed by Illinois Compiled Statutes – 805 ILCS 180, Limited Liability Company Act.
What is an Illinois LLC?
An Illinois LLC is a limited liability company formed in the state of Illinois. The LLC is a business entity that is essentially a hybrid combining the simplicity of a partnership’s tax structure (profits are taxed as the members’ personal income) and the limited liability of a corporation without all the formalities. This combination of characteristics has made the LLC the business entity of choice for small businesses everywhere. Illinois LLCs are formed by filing Articles of Organization with the Illinois Secretary of States’ Business Services Division. LLCs in Illinois can be formed online, on the secretary of state’s website or by hiring us.
Illinois LLC registration:
Forming an LLC in Illinois will cost a $500 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The Illinois Secretary of State is in charge of filing Illinois LLCs, and it will take 2 weeks to process your LLC articles of organization if you file by mail or fax. You have to have a pre-paid account to fax file in Illinois.
You can form your LLC online if you pay an additional $100 expedite fee and a payment processing fee.
When forming an LLC in Illinois, our service includes:
- Drafting custom Illinois company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the IL Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Illinois registered agent service (learn more about registered agents on our What is a Registered Agent? page).
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Illinois registered agent service.
Want to compare entities? Read more about Illinois Corporations.
Total Illinois company cost if you use our services:
$725 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any IL company expedited options?
There are no expedite options if you file the paper form. If you file online you have to pay a $100 expedite fee and the SOS will process your LLC formation in 1-5 days.
We can complete your IL LLC filing in as little as one business day.
How much does an IL LLC cost each year?
LLC annual reports are due the day before the first day of the anniversary month you initially filed in. So if your filing date is April 15th, you will need to file your annual report by March 31st. The LLC annual report fee is $250.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Illinois?
In Illinois, the Illinois personal net income tax rate is 5%.
The average Illinois sales tax rate is 8.4%. The state has a 6.25% tax, but the average local tax is 2.15% making a total of 8.4%.
Illinois LLC Resources:
- Illinois Annual Report
- Illinois Taxes
- Registering an LLC in a Different State
- Illinois Certified Copy
- Illinois Apostille
- Reinstate an Illinois LLC
- Dissolve an Illinois LLC
- Federal Tax ID Number
Free LLC Forms