Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Menu Menu
Start Here

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign LLC in Illinois

To register a foreign LLC in Illinois, you must file an Illinois Application for Admission to Transact Business with the Illinois Secretary of State, Department of Business Services, Limited Liability Division. You can submit this document by mail or in person. The Application for Admission to Transact Business costs $150 to file. The following guide on registering a foreign LLC in Illinois answers the most common questions about how to file the Illinois Application for Admission to Transact Business, but you can also sign up for our Illinois Foreign LLC service and let Northwest handle the details for you.

Free PDF Download

Download the Illinois Application for Admission to Transact Business. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign LLC in Illinois. All for free.

Foreign Illinois LLC

$375 Total
Rated 4.5 / 5 stars by 242 clients on Google

Foreign Illinois LLC Application for Admission to Transact Business

What does it cost to register a foreign LLC in Illinois?

$150 for normal filing.

How long does it take for the state to process the Illinois Application for Registration?

Normal Processing: up to 30 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person Processing: up to 30 business days, unless paying for expedited processing.
Expedited Processing: while you wait (Springfield office only).

How will I get verification of registration back from Illinois?

A stamped copy of the application form will be returned to you by mail.

What forms do I file with Illinois to register my out of state LLC?

The Application for Admission to Transact Business form (in duplicate), a Certificate of Good Standing or Existence, and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

A Certificate of Good Standing or Existence.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

Authenticated within the last 60 days.

Will I need an Illinois registered agent for my LLC?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your Illinois registered agent, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you are registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they will be emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Illinois registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Illinois Application for Registration?

By mail or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Illinois Secretary of State
Department of Business Services
Limited Liability Division
501 S. Second St., Rm. 351
Springfield, IL 62756
Phone: (217)524-8008

Do the signatures on the Illinois LLC application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign LLC filing?

A manager or member of the LLC signs the foreign LLC filing.

Are there any weird things about registering in Illinois?

Illinois is one of only a few states that permits the organization of a type of limited liability company commonly referred to as a “Series LLC.” If you have or want to file as a Series LLC, there is a separate form that will need to be provided for this filing.

After the Application for Authority is issued by the Secretary of State, you must file it with the county recorder in the county where the Illinois registered office is located. Because of the requirements of the Counties Code, the form BCA 13.15 supplied by the Secretary of State should always be used to effect qualification, that way you can avoide a doubled recording fee at the county level. County publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

If you hire Northwest to make the foreign qualification filing for you, we take care of all of the filing on your behalf.

Are there ongoing Illinois annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

The Illinois annual report is due on the last day of the month prior to the anniversary month you initially filed in.

What about Illinois taxes?

You will have to pay any applicable Illinois taxes, just like any Illinois LLC.

How do I withdraw my business from Illinois?

You can withdraw a company from Illinois by filing an Application for Withdrawal.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Illinois registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Illinois. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Do Business The Right Way