Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Minnesota LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Minnesota LLC Articles
- MN LLC operating agreement
- MN LLC resolutions
- MN LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- MN annual report reminders
- MN business license reminders
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
MINNESOTA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
How do I form a Minnesota LLC?
File Articles of Organization for and LLC with the Minnesota Secretary of State. The state filing fee for Minnesota LLC articles of organization is $135.
The state of Minnesota Secretary of State is in charge of filing LLCs, and it will take about 5-7 business days to process your limited liability company articles of organization if you file by paper. Online filings get processed in about 24 business hours but there is an additional $20 fee.
What does your Minnesota LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Minnesota company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the MN Secretary of state.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Minnesota registered agent service
- Our fees are: $100 Minnesota limited liability company service and $125 Minnesota registered agent service.
Total Minnesota company cost if you use our services:
$380 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any MN company expedited options?
Online and in person filings are processed faster for an extra $20.
We can form your LLC in 3 business days.
Do I need a Minnesota registered agent?
You will need to list your registered agent in your articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
A federal tax ID number, or FEIN, is necessary if you want to hire employees.
How much does an MN LLC cost each year?
The MN annual report is due every December 31st. There is no fee for the annual report for LLCs.
What are the taxes for an LLC in Minnesota?
Minnesota LLCs are subject to Minnesota taxes.
There is a 5.8% minimum tax on value, if there is property owned in Minnesota.
Minnesota personal net income tax rates are:
The average Minnesota sales tax rate is 7.22%.
The state has a 6.88% tax, but the average local tax is .34% making a total of 7.22%.
What should I know about starting a Minnesota LLC?
You will need to know more than simply How to Start a Minnesota LLC. You will also be responsible for maintaining the LLC and keeping it in good standing. The following can help you in every stage:
- As your business grows, you may find yourself Registering an LLC in Another State. This registration may require that you order a Minnesota Certified Copy of your articles.
- If you are doing business in another country, you may need to order a Minnesota Apostille.
- Minnesota LLCs that do not file their annual renewals may need to complete a Minnesota LLC Reinstatement.
- When you are ready to end your business, you will file for Minnesota LLC Dissolution.
What other LLC Forms do I need?
If you are looking to get your LLC up and running, keep meeting minutes, or sell your interest, we have you covered! We provide the following LLC Forms free of charge:
Is the Minnesota LLC right for my business?
If you still aren’t sure if the Minnesota LLC is the right choice, head on over to our Minnesota Corporation page and compare.