Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Menu Menu
Start Here

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign LLC in Minnesota

To register a foreign LLC in Minnesota, you must file a Minnesota Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Minnesota with the Minnesota Secretary of State, Business Services. You can submit this document by mail, in person, or online. The Certificate of Authority costs $205 for online and expedited in-person filings and $185 if you file by mail. The following guide on registering a foreign LLC in Minnesota answers the most common questions about how to file the Minnesota Certificate of Authority, but you can also sign up for our Minnesota Foreign LLC service and let Northwest handle the details for you.

Free PDF Download

Download the Minnesota Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Minnesota. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign LLC in Minnesota. All for free.

2 Day Foreign Minnesota LLC

$430 Total
Rated 4.5 / 5 stars by 242 clients on Google

Foreign Minnesota LLC Certificate of Authority

What does it cost to register a foreign LLC in Minnesota?

$185 for normal processing.
$205 for online and expedited in-person filings.

How long does it take for the state to process the Minnesota Application for Registration?

Online Processing: 2 business days.
Normal Processing: 2-4 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
Expedited In-Person Processing: while you wait for no additional fee.

How will I get verification of registration back from Minnesota?

You will receive a verification certificate by mail.

What forms do I file with Minnesota to register my out of state LLC?

The Certificate of Authority for a Foreign Limited Liability Company form and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

Nothing. Some states require a certificate of good standing from your home state. Minnesota is not one of them.

Will I need an Minnesota registered agent for my LLC?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent in Minnesota, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you are registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they will be emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Minnesota registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Minnesota Application for Registration?

By mail, in person or online.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Minnesota Secretary of State
Business Services
Retirement Systems of Minnesota Building
60 Empire Drive, Suite 100
St Paul, MN 55103
Phone: (651) 296-2803

Do the signatures on the Minnesota LLC application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign LLC filing?

A person authorized by the LLC needs to sign the form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Minnesota?

County filing or publication is not necessary for a foreign LLC, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Minnesota annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Minnesota annual reports are due December 31st.

What about Minnesota taxes?

You will be subject to Minnesota taxes, just like a Minnesota LLC.

How do I withdraw my business from Minnesota?

If you would like to withdraw a business from Minnesota, just complete the Withdrawal form.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Minnesota registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Minnesota. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Do Business The Right Way