INCORPORATING MISSISSIPPI CORPORATIONS
What is a Mississippi corporation?
Mississippi corporations are separate legal entities established by the shareholders. The shareholders elect to have an incorporator make the action to incorporate a Mississippi corporation to create a separate entity from them personally.
How much do Mississippi corporations cost?
A Mississippi corporation will cost $50 to file the articles of incorporation.
How do I form a Mississippi corporation?
Mississippi corporations must now be incorporated using the MS Secretary of State’s online filing system. The Mississippi Secretary of State will process and return your MS corporation articles of incorporation within 24 hours.
How are Mississippi corporations regulated?
Mississippi Corporations are governed by Mississippi Code of 1972- Title 79, Chapter 004 Mississippi Business Corporation Act.
What do the Mississippi Articles of Incorporation require?
- Business email address.
- Whether you are forming a profit or nonprofit MS corporation.
- The Mississippi Corporation must have a corporate ending such as INC, Incorporated, Corporation or a different variety.
- The Mississippi corporation name must be different than already registered Mississippi corporations.
- The incorporation is effective when filed, unless you list a future effective date.
- Only nonprofits have to list duration.
- Only profit corporations need to list the number of shares the Mississippi Corporation is authorized to issue and the class of the shares.
- The name and office address of the registered agent in Mississippi.
- The name and address of each incorporator of the Mississippi Corporation.
- Other provisions.
- The Mississippi incorporator must sign the articles of incorporation.
You can do this yourself and use our free Mississippi corporate tools we provide in your online account, or you can pay our $100 incorporating Mississippi service fee and we’ll do it for you. When you pay us to form your Mississippi corporation, your money actually goes back into the local community. Why? Because we actually run a corporation in Mississippi, just like you.
What does your Mississippi incorporation service include?
- Drafting custom MS corporation articles of incorporation.
- The incorporator initial resolutions.
- Mississippi corporate bylaws.
- The Mississippi corporation state filing fees.
- Registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 incorporating Mississippi service and $125 Mississippi corporate agent service.
Total incorporating Mississippi package for only $275 to form a Mississippi corporation, and that includes the state filing fees.
Do I need a Mississippi registered agent?
You need a registered agent to accept service of process and state mail for your MS corporation. This Mississippi registered agent must be listed in your articles of incorporation.
What are the ongoing fees for a Mississippi corporation?
All Mississippi corporations must file the Mississippi annual report. It is due between January 1 and April 15 each year.
What about Mississippi taxes?
Mississippi corporations are subject to Mississippi taxes. The corporate tax rate is from 3%-5%.
How do I get a Federal Tax ID Number?
If you need a federal tax ID number, that can be obtained online immediately with the IRS.
What else should I know about my Mississippi Corporation?
We can help you with more than learning How to Start a Mississippi Corporation. We can also help you learn how to:
- Register Your Corporation in a Different State
- Order a Mississippi Certified Copy of Articles
- Request a Mississippi Apostille
- Reinstate a Corporation in Mississippi
- Dissolve a Mississippi Corporation
What corporation forms do I need?
We know that keeping good corporation records is important. But it is also a hassle. So we have drafted Free Corporate Forms to make things a little bit easier.
- Corporate Bylaws
- Stock Certificate
- First Board Meeting Minutes
- Corporate Resolution to Open a Bank Account
Should I form a Mississippi corporation?
If you would like to compare entities first, we suggest learning more about the Mississippi LLC before you incorporate in Mississippi.