Mississippi Registered Agent
When You Want More
A Mississippi registered agent is the designated agent for service of process. This means that Mississippi corporations and LLC’s must appoint a registered agent who agrees to accept official documents and legal notices on behalf of the business. The registered agent must have a physical address in Mississippi.
With our registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, business address, free mail forwarding, free Phone Service for 60 days, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Mississippi Registered Agents:
What Do Mississippi Registered Agents Do?
According to Mississippi Code 750-35-5, Mississippi registered agents accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail on behalf of your business. Your agent also maintains a physical location in the state (known as a registered office) where they can accept this mail.
In other words, your registered agent’s address acts as the official place where any service of process and official mail for your Mississippi LLC, Mississippi corporation or Mississippi nonprofit will be sent.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
How Do I Change My Mississippi Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Mississippi.
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you for free.
- Do it yourself and file a Change of Agent form with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Business Services Division. There is a $50 fee to file this form.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Mississippi Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A Mississippi Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Mississippi?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Mississippi. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, an Mississippi registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Mississippi?
We accept and scan all of our Mississippi clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Ridgeland, MS.
Will You Let Me Know When My Mississippi Annual Report Is Due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in Mississippi, you’ll need to complete your MS annual report. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll make sure you have access to all the forms and instructions you need to stay compliant.
Can I Use Your Mississippi Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Mississippi Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Mississippi?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing, because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without a Mississippi registered agent service. Also, we provide all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Mississippi Registered Agents Get Served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your Mississippi registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court—because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How Do I Search For A Company’s Registered Agent In Mississippi?
- You can do an Mississippi business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the MS registered agent name and registered office street address.
Note: If you want to legally notify someone through their registered agent, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Do I Resign From Being A Registered Agent In Mississippi?
In Mississippi, to resign as a registered agent, you need to complete and submit a Statement of Resignation to the Mississippi Secretary of State. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can refer to our guide on how to resign as a registered agent in Mississippi.
How To Order Mississippi Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Mississippi registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Mississippi Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Mississippi registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Mississippi registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Mississippi corporate compliance.
Information Your Mississippi Registered Agent Should Help You Understand:
- Domestic Mississippi corporations cost $50 to file.
- A domestic Mississippi LLC will cost $50 to file.
- A foreign Mississippi corporation qualification will cost $500.
- A foreign LLC will cost $250.
To incorporate in Mississippi you will file your documents with the Mississippi Secretary of State. You must use the MS Secretary of State’s online filing system.
You may submit everything online or you may print documents and mail them to the state. If you file online it is a lot faster. You should get a confirmation email the same day for online filings. Turnaround time for mailed documents is 2-3 days plus mail time. They will return a filed, stamped copy to the address on the check you use for payment.
At Northwest, we can also form your LLC or form your corporation in Mississippi for $100 plus state fees. As part of our commitment to Privacy by Default®, we put our business address on your filings to better protect your privacy. And you always have the support of our Corporate Guides®.