Wyoming Limited Liability Company

Wyoming LLCs are governed by the Wyoming Statutes – Title 17, Chapter 29 Wyoming Limited Liability Company Act.

Wyoming LLC registration:

There is a $100 LLC articles of organization state filing fee. That’s it. Super reasonable for the first LLC to be created in the US and the best LLC in America.

The Wyoming Secretary of State is in charge of filing Wyoming LLCs, and it will take about 3-6 business days to process your Wyoming limited liability company articles of organization. You have to hire a registered agent, get an originally signed consent form from them, attach that to your LLC articles of organization, and mail in an original and one copy to the Wyoming SOS. Logistically, there’s some back and forth that wastes a few days when you form a Wyoming LLC yourself.

If you do the Wyoming LLC filing yourself, your name will be a permanent record of the Wyoming LLC. Many people desire the full privacy that Wyoming has to offer. In order to have a fully private WY LLC, you need to hire a company to act as your concierge so to speak and go between you and the state. Because of these two reasons, many people decide to pay us to do it for you. We typically email you back your filed WY LLC in about 3 days.

When forming an LLC in Wyoming, our service includes:

  • Unlimited Wyoming Mail Forwarding
  • We keep your address and names off the public records
  • We provide private documents and forms showing you own the LLC
  • Drafting custom Wyoming company articles of organization
  • Filing your LLC with the state same day
  • We draft the organizer initial resolution
  • Wyoming limited liability company operating agreement
  • Wyoming LLC membership certificates
  • The Wyoming LLCs state filing fees
  • Wyoming registered agent service
  • Wyoming registered office service

Total Wyoming company cost if you use our services:

$325 for a Wyoming limited liability company and that INCLUDES the state of Wyoming LLC fees.

How could I form a Wyoming LLC myself?

We actually wrote a page just for you here: How to form a Wyoming LLC

How much does a WY LLC cost each year?

$52. You can renew online instantly, and we remind you of this each year.

Wyoming LLC Benefits:

Wyoming has a special election you can make on an LLC to make it a Wyoming Close LLC. Basically the theory has been for many years that if you have a single member LLC it does not have as much liability protection as an LLC with multiple members because an actual business with two non related members might have more of a business purpose than a single individual trying to create an alternative identity behind a single member LLC. All this is stupid in our minds. Why should someone that doesn’t have partners not have as much liability protection just because they own the business as a single person? Well, the State of Wyoming agrees and created the Wyoming Close LLC. We’ve outlined it more in the link above, but it provides a lot of really awesome asset protection and planning mechanisms for single member Wyoming LLCs and closely held LLCs.

Could I move my LLC to Wyoming?

Yes, there’s a process, and we do it for you for only $100. You can do it yourself, it’s just a lot of filings. If you formed an LLC in another state, you can move your LLC to Wyoming and it when you do a name search for your LLC in Wyoming it will show your original formation date of when you organized it in another state and Wyoming gives you a certificate with that date on it.

What are the Wyoming LLC taxes?

There is no personal or corporate income tax in Wyoming.
The Wyoming state sales tax rate is 4% + most counties have about 2% for a total of 6%. But you won’t have to charge and collect that because if you’re reading this page, you probably will never step foot in Wyoming. This is only if you were going to operate locally and sell stuff to locals.

Wyoming LLC Resources:

Asset Protection LLC

Free LLC Forms

Want to compare entities? See our Wyoming Corporation page.