Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Alaska LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Alaska LLC Articles
- AK LLC operating agreement
- AK LLC resolutions
- AK LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your AK registered agent
- AK annual report reminders
- Access to AK business forms
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
Alaska Limited Liability Company
There is a lot you need to know about forming an LLC in Alaska. First you will need to complete your filing with the Alaska Division of Corporations, then you will need to take steps to maintain your Alaska LLC. The information below will be helpful as you get started and as your business grows.
How do I form an Alaska LLC?
File Articles of Organization with the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business, and Professional Licensing. You can do this by paper or online.
- Forming an LLC in Alaska will cost a $250 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
- It will take about 7-10 business days to process your Alaska limited liability company articles of organization if you file by paper.
- If you file online, your Alaska LLC will get processed and approved immediately.
Do I need an Alaska registered agent?
Yes, all Alaska LLCs must list a registered agent in the articles of organization. If you sign up for service now, we provide forms and instructions to make forming your Alaska LLC simple!
What does our Alaska LLC formation service include?
- Drafting custom Alaska company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the AK Division of Corporations.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The LLC state filing fees.
- Alaska registered agent service
- Our fees are: $100 Alaska limited liability company service and $125 Alaska registered agent service.
Total Alaska company cost if you use our services:
$475 for an Alaska limited liability company and that includes a year of registered agent service plus the state’s Alaska LLC filing fee.
Any AK company expedited options?
We auto expedite all Alaska corporate filings. It will only take us 1 day to complete an AK LLC.
How much does an AK LLC cost each year?
The Alaska biennial reports are due every other year at the beginning of the year. Any new LLCs formed or registering to do business in Alaska have to file an initial report within 6 months of the registration date. Alaska LLC biennial reports are $100. The initial report is free.
What are the Alaska LLC taxes?
There is no personal income tax in Alaska. The Alaska LLC is defaulted to be taxed at the personal level, making it very easy and virtually free from an Alaska tax perspective. Alaska has no sales tax, but Juneau has a small 1.13% sales tax. Anchorage, where our office is, does not have a sales tax.
Do I need a Federal tax ID number?
Once you have formed your Alaska LLC, you can get your federal tax ID number from the IRS. This may be necessary to open a bank account and will definitely be necessary to hire employees.
What forms and documents do I need to start an Alaska LLC?
Please take advantage the following Free LLC Forms:
What should I know about doing business in Alaska?
Starting an Alaska LLC is just the beginning.
- If you expand your business, you may need to: register your LLC in another state. In order to register your Alaska LLC in most other states, you will need an Alaska Certified Copy, and/or Alaska Certificate of Compliance. Many of our clients who want to do business in a foreign country find that they need an Alaska Apostille.
- If you don’t file your reports, you may need to know how to reinstate an Alaska LLC to get your business back in good standing.
- Finally, if your business ever comes to an end, you will need to know about Alaska LLC dissolution.
What are my other options for Alaska business entities?
Want to compare entities? See our Alaska corporation page.