Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Arizona LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Arizona LLC Articles
- AZ LLC operating agreement
- AZ LLC resolutions
- AZ LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your AZ registered agent
- AZ annual report reminders
- Extensive AZ business resources
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
ARIZONA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
There are a few things you need to know about forming a limited liability company in Arizona. It can get kind of tricky as there are several forms and different ways to file.
How do I register an Arizona LLC?
You have a couple of options for forming an Arizona LLC:
- File an Articles of Organization form with the Arizona Corporation Commission. If you file the paper form, keep in mind that you must include a cover sheet, registered agent acceptance, and member or manager structure attachment.
- File online with the AZCC.
What is required to file Arizona LLC Articles of Organization?
To form an Arizona LLC, you file Arizona LLC Articles of Organization. The Arizona Articles of Organization cost $50 to the Arizona Corporation Commission. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Arizona LLC Articles of Organization when you hire Northwest to do your Arizona LLC registration, but if you’d like to save some money, you could just hire us as your AZ statutory agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately. The basic requirements are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it.
- New Arizona LLCs name must be different than already registered Arizona companies. You can perform a free business name search online to find a unique name.
- Duration of the Arizona LLC.
- The purpose of the Arizona limited liability company if a PLLC.
- The Arizona statutory agent and the physical address.
- The known place of business in Arizona.
- The names and addresses of the initial member(s), and organizer, if any.
- If the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers, list the names and addresses of the managers.
- The Arizona member/organizer must sign. Arizona does not require original signatures on filings. The registered Arizona LLC paperwork will be mailed to the person who made the filing.
What’s the actual process to start an Arizona LLC?
- Arizona LLC registration is started when you file the Articles of Organization for an Arizona LLC with the Corporation Commission Division of Corporations.
- You must publish in newspapers and record proof within 60 days of the AZ LLC registration date.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Arizona that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these items.
- You register your Arizona LLC with the department of revenue or labor if you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don’t.)
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
- If you’re going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
How much does it cost to form an AZ LLC?
An LLC in Arizona will cost $50 for filing LLC articles of organization.
How long does it take to process LLC articles of organization?
- It will take about 20 business days to process your Arizona limited liability company articles of organization.
- You can pay an additional $35 and the state of Arizona will process your AZ LLC in about 9 business days.
What does your Arizona LLC formation service include?
- Drafting custom Arizona company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the AZ Division of Corporations.
- We organize initial resolution.
- Arizona limited liability company operating agreement.
- LLC state filing fees.
- Arizona registered agent service
- Our fees are: $100 for limited liability company formation and $125 Arizona registered agent service.
What is the total Arizona LLC cost if I use your services?
$425 for a limited liability company and that INCLUDES the state filing fee.
Any AZ company expedited options?
We auto expedite all corporate filings on our end. If you elect the extra state $35 fee, it will only take us 9 business days to complete an AZ LLC.
How much does an AZ LLC cost each year?
There are no Arizona annual reports for LLCs.
Do I need an Arizona registered agent?
You will need to list a registered agent when you form your Arizona LLC.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
If you are going to open a bank account you may need a Federal Tax ID Number. If you plan to hire employees, you will need to get a tax ID number with the IRS.
What are the Arizona LLC taxes?
If you want to form and LLC, you will need to know about Arizona Taxes. Personal income tax in Arizona ranges from 2.59% to 4.54%. The Arizona LLC is defaulted to be taxed at the personal level, making it cheaper than the corporate tax applied to Arizona C corporations. The average Arizona sales tax rate is 7.92% (the state has a 5.6% tax, but the average local tax is 2.32% making a total of 7.92%).
What else do I need to know about starting an Arizona LLC?
When you start an Arizona LLC, it is only the beginning. You will have a lot of ongoing paperwork and obligations.
- As your business grows, you may want to register your LLC in another state. To do this, you may need an Arizona Certified Copy of your Articles of Organization and/or an Arizona Certificate of Good Standing.
- If your Arizona LLC is delinquent in filing its annual reports, you will need to look into Arizona LLC reinstatement.Occasionally, you may find you need to order an Arizona Apostille.
- When it is time to end your business, you will learn about Arizona LLC dissolution.
What forms do I need to start an Arizona LLC?
We provide a variety of Free LLC Forms that can help you start and maintain your business.
What are other types of Arizona entities options?
Want to compare entities? See our Arizona Corporation page.