Arizona Registered Agent
When you choose Northwest as your Arizona Statutory Agent (also called a registered agent), you get instant service, Privacy by Default®, a business address, and free mail forwarding. And if you want more, you can get a domain name, website, email, and phone number for free.
Want to learn more about what a registered agent does in Arizona? We'll explain the Arizona Secretary of State’s requirements, what your registered agent should do for you, and how to change your registered agent in Arizona.
When You Want More
$125 a Year Every Year
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service.
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications
- Privacy by Default®
- Business Address & Free Mail Forwarding
- Free Domain, Website, Email & Business Phone
What Is an Arizona Registered Agent?
A registered agent (or, in Arizona “statutory agent”) is a person or company that you designate to receive legal mail (like service of process) on behalf of your business. Registered agents exist to provide an official and reliable way to contact your business.
If your business is ever served with a lawsuit, the process server will deliver the paperwork directly to your registered agent. At that point, your business is legally considered “served.” The registered agent should then forward you your mail, quickly and securely.
Per Arizona state code § 10.501, registered agents are legally required in Arizona. At a minimum, your registered agent must list a physical address on the public record and be present at that address during business hours. But ideally, your registered agent should do more.
What Are Arizona Registered Agent Legal Requirements?
According to Arizona State Code § 29-3115, a statutory agent (also known as a registered agent) must:
- Be able to accept legal documents on behalf of the business.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Arizona. No P.O. Boxes.
- Must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
How Do I Change My Arizona Registered Agent?
Changing your registered agent is a straightforward process:
- You’ll file a Registered Agent Statement of Change form with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly. We’ll even pay and file the change of agent filing for you.
- It’s a simple change, but for more info, see our guide on how to change your registered agent in Arizona.
Why Northwest Is the Best Registered Agent in Arizona
Our Arizona Registered Agent Service includes the tools you need to keep your business running without a hitch. When you hire Northwest as your registered agent, you get:
- Same-Day Scans: We scan your legal docs the same day we receive them and reach out if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We list our business address on public docs to keep your personal info safe. And unlike those other guys, we never sell your data.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide support for all your business questions.
And if you want more? Add free trials of any of these options at checkout:
- Domain Name: Choose a domain name from a list of popular extensions (like .com and .net).
- Website: We provide a pre-built business website, customizable using an open source platform.
- Business Email Address: Create up to 10 business email addresses of your choosing. They’ll end in your domain name for branding ease.
- Phone Number: Keep your personal line private by using a business phone number for client communications.
How To Order Arizona Registered Agent Service
You sign up for service online (you’ll find the signup at the top of this page).
After you make your business registration filing with the Arizona Corporation Commission, we’ll become your registered agent.
We collect the first year’s fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Arizona registered agent service. If you want to cancel then, you can easily do so.
We make it easy to add registered agent services online. Your online account is the place to go—not just for registered agent service or to pay a bill—for keeping up with corporate paperwork formalities for your Arizona business.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Arizona Registered Agent FAQs
Why do I need a registered agent in Arizona?
- All businesses registered with the state must appoint a statutory agent.
- The Arizona Corporations Commission and the Secretary of State will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the government and general public have a reliable way to contact your Arizona business with legal notices and other types of important mail.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent in Arizona?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Arizona. With that said, after considering the requirements for a registered agent, most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead.
Why? Well, while being your own registered agent will cost you $0, an Arizona registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the accessible public record. Additionally, a registered agent must remain at their designated registered office location during normal business hours 5 days a week, in order to be available for accepting service of process
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Arizona?
We scan all documents locally from our office in Oro Valley, AZ.
Can I Use Your Arizona Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Yes. We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep you private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Arizona Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Should I Hire A Registered Agent In Arizona Before Or After I Do My Filing?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the Corporation Commission. The state won’t allow you to form an Arizona LLC or corporation without an Arizona statutory agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
How Do Arizona Registered Agents Get Served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your Arizona registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
How Do I Find An Arizona Company's Registered Agent?
To find a company’s registered agent, you can do an Arizona business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Arizona registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Do I Resign As A Registered Agent In Arizona?
In Arizona, to resign as a statutory agent, you need to submit a Statutory Agent Resignation form to the Arizona Corporation Commission. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can refer to our guide on how to resign as a registered agent in Arizona.