How to File an Arizona LLC Amendment
To successfully amend your Articles of Organization for an Arizona LLC, you must file an Articles of Amendment form with the Arizona Corporation Commission, Corporations Division. You must also include a cover sheet and $25 filing fee. This page provides free instructions for how to amend your Arizona LLC articles yourself.
Amend Articles of Organization for an Arizona LLC
As your Arizona LLC evolves, you might need to update your business information. For example, you may need to change your LLC’s name, statutory agent, or principal address. In most cases, these updates can be made by filing Arizona Articles of Amendment.
When do I need to file Arizona Articles of Amendment?
Your Arizona LLC must file an Arizona Articles of Amendment form when any of the following information needs to be updated/changed:
- Business name
- Member/manager names and addresses
- Management structure
- Statutory agent and/or address
- Principal address
- Entity type—e.g. going from an LLC to a Professional LLC
- Professional services—e.g. your PLLC is changing services provided
What needs to be included on my Arizona Articles of Amendment?
You’ll need to include the following information on your Articles of Amendment:
- Business name: Provide the current name of your Arizona LLC.
- Amendment(s): Enter all applicable changes to your business’s information.
- Statutory Agent Acceptance: Include a Statutory Agent Acceptance form if you’re changing your Arizona statutory agent.
- Structure Attachment: Provide a Manager Structure Attachment if you’re changing to a manager-managed LLC OR a Member Structure Attachment if you’re changing to a member-managed LLC.
- Signature: Sign and print the full name of the individual filing the amendment.
- Cover sheet: Attach a cover sheet along with your amendment. Indicate the type of filing you are making, your preferred method of processing, and contact information.
- Fees: Include a payment for $25 (standard processing). If you need expedited filing, add an additional $35 (5-7 business days), $100 (next day), $200 (same day) OR $400 (two hours).
The Arizona Secretary of State might require you to publish your Articles of Amendment in a local newspaper. However, you won’t have to publish if you’re amending only one of the following items:
- Member/manager names and addresses
- Principal/mailing address
- Statutory agent information
If you are required to publish your Articles of Amendment, you must do so within 60 days following approval from the state. Also, the publication must appear in a newspaper located in your LLC’s county for three consecutive prints. The cost will vary from county to county. However, prices will range between $60 and $120.
The publication must include a copy of your Articles of Amendment.
How do I file an Arizona Articles of Amendment?
The Arizona Articles of Amendment can be filed by mail or in person. Mailed submissions can be paid by check or money order. In-person filings can be paid by check/money order, credit card, or cash. All checks and money orders must be made payable to Arizona Corporation Commission.
How much does it cost to file Arizona Articles of Amendment?
For standard processing, the filing fee is $25. If you need expedited processing, the total cost, including both the filing fee and expediting fee, depend on the filing speed you choose:
- 5-7 business days: $60
- Next day: $125
- Same day: $225
- Two hours: $425
How long does it take the state to process an Arizona LLC Amendment?
Articles of amendment in Arizona takes 11-13 business days for standard processing.
Can I restate the initial articles instead of filing an Arizona LLC amendment?
Yes, you can restate the initial articles instead of filing an Arizona LLC amendment. However, you will need to generate your own form—the state will not provide one. Filing fees are the same—$25 for standard processing.
Publication requirements also apply to restated Articles of Organization.
Where do I submit Arizona LLC Articles of Amendment?
The Arizona Articles of Amendment is filed with the Arizona Corporation Commission, Corporations Division, Examination Section.
Mail and in-person filings:
Arizona Corporation Commission
Corporations Division—Examination Section
1300 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2996
T: (602) 542-3026