$100 gets our Corporate Guides™ who will form your Virginia LLC, plus:
- Custom LLC articles of Organization
- We form your Virginia LLC
- Resolutions showing you own it
- VA LLC operating agreement
- VA LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- VA annual report reminders
- VA business forms and instructions
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
Virginia Limited Liability Company
Virginia LLCs are governed by the Code of Virginia – Title 13.1, Chapter 12 Virginia Limited Liability Company Act.
How do I form a Virginia LLC?
Forming an LLC in Virginia will cost $100 LLC articles of organization state filing fee.
The Virginia state Corporation Commission is in charge of filing Virginia LLCs, and it will take about 7 business days to process your Virginia limited liability company articles of organization if you file by paper.
You may upload a PDF of your articles on the Virginia SCC website to save yourself some mailing time. It will be filed in 3-7 days unless you pay for expedited processing.
You can file simple LLCs online, but only if you are not listing members/managers and you don’t have anything weird about your articles.
What does your Virginia LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Virginia company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the VA state Corporation Commission.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- Virginia limited liability company operating agreement.
- The Virginia LLCs state filing fees.
- Virginia registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 Virginia limited liability company service and $125 Virginia registered agent service.
What is the total Virginia LLC cost if I use your service?
$328 for a Virginia limited liability company and that includes the states Virginia LLC filing fee.
Any VA company expedited options?
Online filing is instant and there is no expedite fee. Otherwise, you may have your Virginia LLC filing processed the same day for a $200 fee or next day for a $100 fee.
Do I need a Virginia registered agent?
You need to list your registered agent in you articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need an FEIN if you want to hire employees.
How much does a VA LLC cost each year?
Virginia LLCs don’t really have to file an annual report, but they do pay a $50 registration fee. The Virginia annual registration fee is due by the end of the month your LLC was formed, each year.
What are the Virginia LLC taxes?
Virginia LLCs are subject to Virginia taxes. Virginia LLCs have some choice in how they are taxed. Single member LLCs can be taxed as a sole proprietor, a C corporation, or an S corporation (the default is that single member LLCs are disregarded and taxed on the member’s individual tax return). Multi-member LLCs may be taxed as a partnership, a C corporation, or an S corporation (the default is to tax multi-member LLCs as partnerships).
The personal income tax in Virginia ranges from 2-5.75%.
The average Virginia sales tax rate is 5%
What else should I know about forming a Virginia LLC?
We can help you with more than just forming a Virginia LLC. We have all the information you may need as your business grows.
- Registering an LLC in Another State
- Virginia Certified Copy
- Virginia Apostille
- Virginia LLC Reinstatement
- Virginia LLC Dissolution
What other forms and documentation do I need?
We know that you are busy starting a Virginia LLC. You don’t have the time and money to spend on paperwork. That is why we provide all the following Free LLC Forms:
- Operating Agreement
- LLC Meeting Minutes
- LLC Membership Certificate
- LLC Membership Interest Bill of Sale
Should I form a Virginia LLC?
Want to compare entities? See our Virginia Corporation page.