How to Change Your Registered Agent in Virginia
To change your registered agent in Virginia, you must complete and file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form with the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth. The Virginia Statement of Change of Registered Agent must be submitted by mail or online and has no filing fee. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Virginia Statement Change of Registered Agent paperwork for you.
Statement of Change of Registered Agent
Change your Virginia Registered Agent by filing a Statement of Change Changing Registered Agent.
Do It Yourself Online
Our free account and tools will walk you through changing your registered agent in Virginia. All for free.
Virginia Registered Agent Service$125 Per Year
Steps to Changing Your Virginia Registered Agent
If you would like to change your registered agent in Virginia, you will need to complete the following three general steps:
- Select a new Virginia registered agent. If you hire Northwest for our registered agent service, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you and pay your filing fee.
- Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
- Complete and submit your Virginia Statement of Change of Registered Agent to the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth.
What are the options and different ways you can change your Virginia registered agent?
You change your Virginia registered agent by completing the form Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent of a Corporation. This form is not available on the State Corporation Commission’s Website for downloading. You may call and request the form be mailed to you or request the form online.
The best way to file a Change of Registered Agent form is online. This method is quick, easy and instantly on the Virginia Corporation Commission’s records.
For the steps to take to ensure your former agent’s service and obligations come to an end, see our Virginia registered agent resignation page.
Changing Your Virginia Registered Agent FAQs
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Virginia?
It costs nothing to change your Virginia registered agent.
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Virginia?
File your Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Office at SCC eFile and it is processed instantly. If you mail the Virginia Change of Registered Agent form, it will take from 1 to 2 weeks to process.
How do I contact the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth, Clerk of the State Corporation Commission?
Expect More From a Registered Agent
We have a team of Virginia experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Statement of Change of Registered Agent form and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Virginia forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Virginia.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.