Free limited liability company operating agreement template
This free LLC operating agreement can be a member managed LLC operating agreement, or a manager managed LLC operating agreement. Northwest Registered Agent offers this Limited Liability Company operating agreement free for your use. You can simply click on the pdf or word doc tab to download. If you have questions about filling out an operating agreement, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your state of business.
The following operating agreement was written by a licensed attorney to be a generic operating agreement that could work in any state, but does not act as a substitute for legal advice, and does not guarantee to be compliant with every state's different statutes.
Northwest Registered Agent takes no responsibility or liability for you filling out the form yourself. You should always consult local statutes regulating LLCs and consult with a licensed attorney in the state of your business. Our LLC operating agreement or any content on this website is not for commercial use, and you must pay us to use our information commercially. If you are using it for individual use, please feel free to use our free material as much as you need. You'll see more in our Free Legal Forms tab like LLC membership certificates, etc.
Our Free Limited Liability Company Operating Agreement Sample covers the main crucial parts of an operating agreement like:
- What the name of the LLC will be.
- A certificate of formation by the members, showing proof that they did indeed form an LLC.
- The registered office and registered agent of the LLC.
- What the term of the LLC shall be.
- Voting rights of the members.
- Continuance of the company if one of the members dies.
- Business purpose of the LLC.
- Principal place of business.
- Addition of additional members.
- What the initial contibutions will be, and which member contributed what.
- What you will do with profit and losses of the LLC.
- How you will make distributions.
- Who and how the managers will run the company.
- The power of the managers and members.
- Record keeping.
- Management fees.
- Assignment of rights of members.
If you would like to click directly on the Secretary of State, Dept. of Revenue, or State Licensing Department of any state, see our Secretary of State page.
$100 LLC Formation Services:
If you would like to hire Northwest Registered Agent, LLC. to do the actual filing of your LLC, or register your out of state LLC in any state, we charge $100 plus state fees to make this filing. You can see the exact state filing fees, processing times and total cost on our LLC signup
If you would like to hire Northwest Registered Agent, LLC. to act as your registered agent for any state, you can see more info about us on our Why Choose Us page.
Or sign up for instant registered agent service on our Sign Up page.
Please enjoy our free LLC operating agreement.
More LLC Forms:
Step 1: LLC Organizational Forms
Step 2: Initial LLC Setup
Step 3: Get an EIN for LLC
Step 4: Open a Bank Account
Step 5: LLC Maintenance Forms
Other Legal Documents:
Start Your Business
Let us take the pressure off you and make sure your filing gets done correctly.