Northwest CareersCareers at Northwest Registered Agent LLC
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah
Northwest Registered Agent LLC is a leader in the registered agent and corporate filings industry. We are currently looking to expand our legal team and services in the state of Utah while taking advantage of the regulatory sandbox that was just passed. This is a full time, 40 hour a week position.
We are one of the largest registered agent services in Utah and nationwide. Our vision is to provide legal answers and instant help to our clients for a small monthly fee. As a licensed, local Lawyer, you will be available to answer questions directly from our clients. Instantly. Not a paralegal. Not an assistant. A Lawyer. You’ll be able to help our clients understand the law and provide legal advice pertaining to the business world. If our clients need business legal work done outside of guidance, we’ll offer that too.
What if the regulatory sandbox doesn’t work? Don’t worry. We’ll still have lots of work for you to do with the rest of our in-house counsel team. If your passion is helping people and you enjoy working in a high volume, fast paced setting, this job is for you!
- Client Satisfaction. This might fly in the face of “normal lawyering” where the #1 responsibility is billable hours, but the #1 goal for this position is to help people
- Work directly with our clients in providing timely and thoughtful legal advice pertaining to businesses
- Capable of breaking down legal jargon to help our clients understand solutions to their problems
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, business agreements, estate planning, real estate law, etc for our clients
- Help simplify the complexities of starting, maintaining and running a business for our existing and new clients. Including areas such as: business structure, asset protection, limiting liability, capital contributions, operating agreements, partnerships, sole proprietorships, DBAs, hiring employees or contractors, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, specifically business law
- Be a good human
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. from an accredited law school and current Utah bar license
- You find fulfillment in the work and helping people
- Strong communication and people skills
- Strong desire to help people and businesses without taking advantage of them
Why you might like this job:
You’re tired of the runaround of legal work. You want to be a part of a team that is literally sitting around waiting to help people and you love the fact that your conversation with someone will make their day or provide instant actual help. Doing a great job and sending a client a $2000 bill isn’t satisfying because no client is happy about getting a $2000+ bill. We’re changing how clients pay for legal work.
You’ll be a part of something special. We’re working from home during covid, but as it becomes safe, we envision a highly collaborative law office where the goal is helping our clients versus looking super smart to your peers or having an incredible book of business. A place where our lawyers sharpen each others skills. You won’t make more if you bill our clients more.