Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Alaska

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Alaska, you must file a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Certificate of Authority with the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. You can submit this document by mail, by fax, in person, or online. The Certificate of Authority for an Alaska foreign nonprofit corporation costs $50 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Alaska. Or, you can simply sign up for our Alaska Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Alaska Foreign Nonprofit Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Alaska. All for free.

1 Day Alaska Foreign Nonprofit

$275 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Alaska

What’s the cost to register a foreign nonprofit in Alaska?

The filing fee is $50. You can pay with a credit card if you submit the filing via fax or file online. You can send a check if you’re filing through the mail.

How long does it take Alaska to process my foreign qualifications?

The state of Alaska will process your filing within 10 to 15 business days.

Does Alaska require any paperwork from my home state?

No. The AK Secretary of State does not require a certificate of good standing from a nonprofit corporation’s home state, or any other similar paperwork.

Will I need an Alaska registered agent for my foreign nonprofit corporation?

Absolutely! When you hire Northwest as your registered agent, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account.

Does the Alaskan registered agent have to sign the certificate of authority?

No, your registered agent in Alaska does not have to sign the certificate of authority.

Are there ongoing reporting requirements for foreign nonprofit corporations operating in Alaska?

Alaska has biennial reporting requirements. These reports are due on July 2nd for foreign nonprofits operating in Alaska. You can file your nonprofit’s biennial report online at the Alaska Department of Commerce’s website.

Additional Nonprofit Resources:

Alaska Nonprofit Tax Exemption

Alaska Charity Registration

File your certificate of authority with:

State of Alaska
Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806
Phone: (907) 465-2550
Fax: (907) 465-2974
Website: http://commerce.state.ak.us/dnn/cbpl/Home.aspx

When You Want More