Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Free Guide To Getting Your Certificate Of Good Standing Needed To Form A New York PSC.


NY makes you prove you have a license personally before you can form a professional corp. or professional LLC.

Professional Service Corporations and Limited Liability Companies must provide a Certificate of Good Standing from the appropriate Appellate Division (for attorneys) or a Certificate of Authority (for licensed professionals – not attorneys) under seal from the New York State Department of Education, Division of Professional Licensing Services, Corporations Unit, 89 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor, Albany, NY 12234, must be submitted with the initial filing with the New York Department of State.

To obtain a NY Appellate Division Certificate of Good Standing:

  1. Choose the appropriate appellate division:
    NY Courts Appellate Divisions List.
  2. Request a Certificate of Good Standing from the appropriate appellate division.

To obtain a NY Department of Education Certificate of Authority:
NY Department of Education Resources .

Then you can file articles of incorporation or articles of organization with the New York Department of State. We serve as registered agent for many New York Law firms, and provide helpful filing reminders and information that helps your firm stay in compliance with the New York Department of State. You can sign up for immediate New York registered agent service for service of process, and save the publication fees if you’re in New York City by publishing in Albany County.

When You Want More