Adding Alt Text to an Image in WordPress
Alternative Text is a detailed description of an image that is used when your website is being read aloud, the person listening can hear what the image looks like. This is an important accessibility tool and it is used by search engines indexing your site. Here’s how to add Alt Text to any image on your WordPress site.
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- Click Media on the left-hand Navigation Sidebar.
- Click on the image you want to add alt text to. (Or upload a new image.)
- It will open the Attachment Details. On the left side, it will show your image. On the right, there will be upload and file details, along with editable boxes. The first one is Alternative Text.
- Add your alt text to this box.
- This saves automatically. Simply close out of the Attachment Details when you’re done.
Note: You can also add alt text directly on a page by inserting the image as a block. The Attachment Details will pop up when you choose an image from your library.SEE ALL WORDPRESS GUIDES