Add a Block in WordPress
Blocks are the individual sections on your WordPress site that hold features like text, photos, and widgets. Every new “section” is a new block. For example, a header is one block and paragraph is another.
To add a new block, you need to:
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Open the page you want to edit or click Add new page.
From here, you have two options to add a new block.
- Click anywhere on the page.
- Click the black + button on the page. When you hover over this button, it says “Add block.”
- Click the blue + button at the top of the page to open the Block Inserter.
- Click on the block you want to add to the page. Clicking will insert it on the page wherever you last selected. You can also click and drag the block to wherever you want.