How to Change a WordPress URL
A URL is a page’s or post’s web address that people use to view the page. You can change the URL for a live or already published page in WordPress with a few easy steps. Here’s how.
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- Select Pages from the menu sidebar on the left.
- From the Pages list, hover the mouse over the page you’d like to edit and select Edit.
- Once in the page draft or edit view, select the URL from the settings page panel on the right. This will make the URL permalink pop-up, which allows you to change the URL.
- If the URL is not open on your page, select the White Notebook Icon the top right.
- Select Update once done.
Note: Once you change a live page’s URL, it will create a 404 page or broken link wherever the old URL has been used. So make sure to update all the old URL links or add redirects to the new one.See All WordPress Guides