How to Create Patterns in WordPress
A pattern is a reusable block. By creating a pattern, you can insert pre-loaded blocks on any page you want that can look the same across pages and be updated all at once. Since blocks are how you add content, patterns give you an easier way to update information all across your website.
To add a pattern to your website, you need to:
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Choose any page you want the pattern to be on. Once you click this page, it will open the page in Block Editor.
- Click on the block you want to turn into a pattern (or create a new block for this purpose).
- A tool box will appear. Click the three dots.
- Click create pattern. You can name the pattern and categorize it.
- Choose if you want the pattern to be synced or not. By toggling sync on, you will be able to edit the pattern and it will change wherever it is on the website.
From here, you can add the pattern whenever you edit a page.SEE ALL WORDPRESS GUIDES