Delete Unused Plugin in WordPress
You might decide to deactivate or delete a plugin in WordPress when you aren’t using it, it is no longer supported, or it is causing problems for your website. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to your WordPress dashboard and click Plugins > Installed Plugins.
- Select the plugins you want to delete.
- For already inactive plugins, click the Delete button.
- For active plugins, first click the Deactivate button and then the Delete button.
Pro Tips for Deleting WordPress Plugins
- Be sure to backup your site before deleting any plugins. If deleting the plugin causes problems for your site, you can restore your website from the backup.
- Only delete plugins you are sure you are not using or don’t want to use.
- Export the plugin’s settings before you delete the plugin. That way, you can import the settings back into your website if you decide to reinstall the plugin down the road.