How to Embed Media in WordPress
When you place a graphic, video, audio file, or social media post from a third-party website on your own website, it’s called embedding media. Embedding media allows you to display content on your site without uploading it to your website’s storage.
Here, we’ll explain two ways to do it. This is the simplest:
- Log in to your WordPress site to access the dashboard, then select the page you want to embed media on.
- Copy or cut a URL (the link address) for the content you want to embed.
- Paste the URL directly into a Paragraph Block. In most cases, this will automatically embed the media or other content you wish to include on your page.
Once you’ve pasted the URL, press the “Enter” key or click the Embed button to finish creating your new content block.
Embed Media With Block Inserter
You can also embed media using the Block Inserter interface. It’s slightly more complicated.
- Click the Block Inserter icon on the left of your top tool bar, a blue box containing a “plus sign.”
- A drop-down menu will appear. In this menu, stay in the starting tab section labeled Blocks.
- From there, scroll down to a set of tiles labeled MEDIA (not to be confused with the “Media” tab below the search bar), or further down to a set of tiles labeled EMBEDS.
- Select the kind of block you’d like to create: Image, Audio, or Video in this section, you can create a new specialized block for that type of content.
- Select Insert from URL and paste the link you wish to embed.