How to Change the Focal Point of an Image in WordPress
Adjusting the focal point of an image allows you to center the most important part of the image. A primary way of changing the focal point of an image is to first make it a cover photo. You can also change the focal point of an image after adding a caption to it . Here, we go over how to change the focal point of a cover image.
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Select the page you want to work on.
- Click on the page where you want the image to appear.
- Click the black + button that will appear near the bottom of the page.
- Add a cover block. (You can type cover in the search bar or click Browse All to access it.)
- Either Upload a new image or Select Media from your media library.
- Click on the image. On the right-hand side, a toolbar will appear. About halfway down is the Focal Point Picker.
- Drag the white circle across the image to adjust the focal point. (Alternatively, write the percentages you want on the left and top in the boxes beneath the focal point picker.)
Note: The image will be at 50% overlay opacity automatically. Click Styles (the half-black, half-white circle at the top of the toolbar) to access the overlay opacity percentage.SEE ALL WORDPRESS GUIDES