Link Your Social Media Accounts in WordPress
WordPress lets you add in your social media accounts through widgets and embedded links. You add them in by placing them on your website through Block Editor.
To link your social media account:
- Go to your admin dashboard.
- Click Pages.
- Choose the page you want your social media links on. Click that page and you’ll be taken into Block Edit mode.
- Click the blue + sign in the top left of the screen. This toggles on the Block Inserter.
- Scroll down until you reach Widgets.
- Look for the Social Icons widget.
- Click the icon and drag it to where you want it to be on the page OR click the icon and it will self-insert wherever you last clicked on the page.
- Click the small + button on the widget block to choose which social media icons will appear.
- Click on the Social Media Icon and insert your social media account address (I.e, instagram.com/YOUR-USERNAME)
- Click Publish.
Your social media links will now be live on your website. Make sure to update them if you change your username so that it doesn’t give users a broken link.See All WordPress Guides