Navigating WordPress Styles
With WordPress Styles, you can fully customize and design your website. Styles is a WordPress theme feature that controls the website’s colors, text, and layout. Below is a quick introduction to navigating the Styles Panel and its tools.
Accessing WordPress Styles
To access the WordPress Styles Panel, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the admin dashboard of your website.
- Click Appearance > Editor.
- By clicking Editor, you’ll open up your site editor. Within your block editor menu, select Styles.
- Selecting Styles will narrow your window to the edit view of your website with the Styles Panel on the right.
What You Can Do with WordPress Styles
The options given for each of the below website design components are based on the website’s theme. If the theme has the Styles feature of WordPress, you’ll be able to control:
- Font and typography. Typography settings control the appearance of text, links, headers, captions, and buttons across the whole site, including pages, posts, and menus.
- Color and palette. Colors settings control the color of the text, background, links, captions, buttons, and headers of the website. There is also a tab for the palette or color scheme of your website.
- Layout. Layout settings are for adjusting the width or size of the whole website’s content area. For example, you can change the padding or space between the text content of the site and the other elements on the page.
- Blocks. Blocks customizes the design and appearance of the blocks that make up your website. There are controls for text, images, galleries, and more.
- Customization and CSS. For additional customization, there is a section for Additional CSS code blocks to go on the website. Access it by clicking the three dots at the top of the Styles Panel.
- Style Book. The Style Book on the Styles Panel offers a preview of all the style changes to the website before saving them. There’s an option for viewing the text, media, design, widgets, and theme style changes.