Alabama Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
An Alabama registered agent is a resident or corporation that has a registered office address in Alabama and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a company that has listed it as their AL registered agent. Alabama state law requires every business entity to maintain an Alabama registered agent so that the Secretary of State and state courts have a reliable way of contacting a corporation or LLC. An Alabama registered agent is necessary to maintain compliance in the state and remain in good standing.
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Alabama Registered Agents:
What Do Alabama Registered Agents Do?
At a minimum, Alabama registered agents:
- Have a physical address in Alabama.
- Be open during business hours.
- Accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Alabama Registered Agents?
- A registered agent in Alabama has to be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- The agent must maintain a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Alabama.
- The registered agent must accept legal documents for your company.
How Do I Change My Alabama Registered Agent?
- You file a change of registered agent form and we get listed as your Alabama registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change of registered agent form is available immediately.
- It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Alabama registered agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Alabama Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need An Alabama Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Alabama?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Dothan, Alabama.
Can I Use Your Alabama Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Alabama Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Alabama?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing, because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without an Alabama registered agent service. You’ll find all the Alabama forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Alabama Registered Agents Get Served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
- Service on a registered agent is legal proof that your business was notified. Regardless of if the company looks at the docs or even gets them from the Alabama registered agent services, you were technically notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly.
How Do I Search For An Alabama Registered Agent?
- You can do an Alabama business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the Alabama registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their Alabama registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How To Order Alabama Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Alabama registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Alabama Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Alabama registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Alabama registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Alabama corporate compliance.