How to change your registered agent in FloridaWe’re Just Not Annoying®
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF STATE CHANGE OF REGISTERED AGENT REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
What you need to change registered agents in Florida:
- Filing fee ($25 for LLCs; $35 for corporations)
- Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form
- Note: In Florida, you can only change registered agents by mail or in person if you use the form; however, you can change registered agents on your annual report form, which is filed online.
What are the different ways you can change your Florida registered agent?
All you need to do to change your registered agent service is:
- Provide the completed Cover Letter and Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both forms, to the Department of State by mail or in person
- Pay the filing fee
- You can also change your Florida registered agent at the same time as filing your annual report.
- Note: The registered agent signs the bottom of the form accepting the appointment. Florida Corporation and FL LLCs have separate forms for changing registered agent.
Learn more about What is a Registered Agent?
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Florida?
There is a $25 fee required to change your limited liability company registered agent in Florida.
There is a $35 fee required to change your corporation registered agent in Florida.
You can request same-day service while you wait if you walk your document in and request it in person. Florida will not charge you extra for this same day processing.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Florida?
Normal processing is approximately one week. Same-day processing is available if you walk your document in to the Secretary of State office and request it.
Florida Department of State contact information:
Florida Department of State
Division of Corporations
Mailing: PO BOX 6327, Tallahassee, FL 32314
Walk-in: Clifton Building, 2661 Executive Center Circle, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Corporations Phone: (850) 245-6050
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Florida?
The Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form is in your online account immediately, if you sign up for Florida registered agent service with Northwest.
Registered Agent Florida Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Florida forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Florida.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.