Florida Registered Agent
When you choose Northwest as your Florida Registered Agent, you get instant service, Privacy by Default®, a business address, and free mail forwarding. And if you want more, you can get a domain name, website, email, and phone number for free.
Want to learn more about what a registered agent does in Florida? We'll explain the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations’ requirements, what your registered agent should do for you, and how to change your registered agent in Florida.
When You Want More
$125 a Year Every Year
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service.
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications
- Privacy by Default®
- Business Address & Free Mail Forwarding
- Free Domain, Website, Email & Business Phone
What is a Florida Registered Agent?
Florida registered agents are either business entities or individuals that agree to accept service of process and official mail for corporations, LLCs and other entities registered in Florida. Having a registered agent gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business. Essentially, your registered agent’s address acts as the official place where any service of process and official mail for your Florida LLC, Florida corporation or Florida nonprofit will be sent.
Florida law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint a registered agent. Your business filings will be rejected by the Florida Department of State if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
Per Florida Statute Section 607.0501, Florida registered agents need to have physical addresses in Florida, be open during business hours, accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
However, the right registered agent service can also do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
How Do I Change My Florida Registered Agent?
Changing your Florida registered agent is straightforward:
- You’ll file a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly. We’ll even pay and file the change of agent filing for you.
- It’s a simple change, but for more information, read our guide on how to change your registered agent in Florida.
Why Northwest Is the Best Registered Agent in Florida
Our Florida Registered Agent Service includes the tools you need to keep your business running without a hitch. When you hire Northwest as your registered agent, you get:
- Same-Day Scans: We scan your legal docs the same day we receive them and reach out if your essential mail goes unread.
- Mail Forwarding: We accept and scan all your state and legal mail, and will scan up to 5 personal documents for free. For $20 a month, we offer unlimited Florida mail forwarding.
- Privacy by Default®: We list our business address on public docs to keep your personal info safe. And unlike those other guys, we never sell your data.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide support for all your business questions.
And if you want more? Add free trials of any of these options at checkout:
- Domain Name: Choose a domain name from a list of popular extensions (like .com and .net).
- Website: We provide a pre-built business website, customizable using an open source platform.
- Business Email Address: Create up to 10 business email addresses of your choosing. They’ll end in your domain name for branding ease.
- Phone Number: Keep your personal line private by using a business phone number for client communications.
How to Order Florida Registered Agent Service
Place an order for Florida registered agent service. Sign up on our site, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year’s fee for registered agent service up front.
For new businesses, once your business registration filing with the Florida Division of Corporations is complete, we’ll become your Florida registered agent.
About a year later, we’ll send an invoice for another year of Florida registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Florida registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with corporate paperwork formalities like Florida’s annual reports.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Florida Registered Agent FAQs
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Florida?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Florida. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, a Florida registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Florida?
We provide a commercial registered office location in St. Petersburg, FL.
Can I Use Your Florida Registered Office Address For Everything On My State Business Filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Florida Office?
Yes! Just sign up for our unlimited Florida Mail Forwarding option ($20/month). You’ll get a unique suite number and a Florida business address you can use for mail, advertising and more. While you can use our address, we are not a return depot for online or Amazon sellers, though we’d love to accept your foosball tables.
Don’t need a unique suite number? Our Florida registered agent service comes with free limited mail forwarding. We’ll list our business address (no unique suite number) on your public docs to better protect your privacy. And, we’ll scan the occasional business mail we receive—up to 5 documents a year, for FREE. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Florida?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing, because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without a Florida registered agent service. Also, we provide all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Are Florida Registered Agents Served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you look at the docs or even receive them from your registered agent service. You were notified. We take this responsibility very seriously.
How Do I Search For A Registered Agent In Florida?
If you want to formally notify a business through their Florida registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address. Here is how you can look up that information:
- Use our tool to do a Florida business name search via the FL Department of State.
- Type in the name of the company whose registered agent you are trying to look up.
- Look for the FL registered agent name and registered office street address.
How Do I Resign From Being A Registered Agent In Florida?
In Florida, to resign as a registered agent, you need to submit a Resignation of Registered Agent, cover sheet and payment for processing to the Florida Department of State. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can refer to our guide on how to resign as a registered agent in Florida.