Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

How To File An Indiana Corporation Amendment


Step By Step Guide To Indiana Corporation Amendments

How to file an Indiana Corporation Amendment:

To make amendments to your Indiana Articles of Incorporation, you provide Indiana form 38333, Articles of Amendment of the Articles of Incorporation to the Indiana Secretary of State (SOS). You can file the amendment online (see link below). You’ll need an payment account or a MasterCard, Discover or Visa credit card if you choose to file online.

The form is available on the SOS website and in your online account when you sign up for registered agent service with Northwest. Submit one original of the articles and one copy. The form can be filed by mail, express mail or in person. Include a check or money order payable to the Secretary of State.

Can you re-state the initial articles instead of filing an amendment?

An Indiana corporation can restate its articles at any time. If the restatement includes a new amendment that requires shareholder approval, it can only be adopted after a vote.

There is a $30.00 filing fee for a Restatement of Articles of Incorporation.

Are there any specifics you can or can’t include with an Indiana Corporation amendment?

You can change the name of your Indiana corporation on the amendment form.

How much does an Indiana Corporation amendment cost?

There is a $30.00 filing fee to amend your Indiana Articles of Incorporation.

If you file your articles of amendment online, the fee is only $20.00 plus a small credit card fee.

How long does it take the State to process an Indiana Corporation amendment?

If you walk-in or express mail your documents:
Documents received before noon are filed by noon the next business day
Documents received after noon are filed by noon on the second business day

Mailed in documents are filed in 3-5 business days

How will the Indiana Corporation amendment be returned?

SOS will return your filed amendment by mail to the address on the filing fee check.

What State agency do you file an amendment with?

Submit Indiana corporate amendment and fees to:

Secretary of State
Corporations Division
302 W. Washington Street, Room E-018
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-6576

Can you change the Indiana Corporation officers or directors on an amendment?

Yes, you can file an amendment to change the corporations officers or directors.  You can also change your Indiana Corporation’s officers or directors on the biennial report. Indiana SOS allows corporations to change officers and directors by filing a Notice of Change of Principal/Officer.

Can you change the Indiana registered agent on the amendment?

You can change the Indiana registered agent by filing an amendment. You can also change your registered agent by filing a Notice of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent with the Indiana Secretary of State or in your biennial report.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on an Corporation amendment?

You can file an amendment to change the principal address in the articles of incorporation. You can file a Notice of Change of Address Principal Office Address with the SOS. The notice of change is in your online account when you sign up for Indiana registered agent service. It is also available on the SOS Business Services website.

Indiana SOS Business Services

When You Want More